Best Cross Fit Runners

Hey Guys,

After gaining over 60 pounds over the last 3 years going to a desk job, I decided to ask my boss to change my hours to go to crossfit before work. Well, all the runners I have are for running or hiking outside. It is wet up here is coastal Canada. So, I was wondering if I could get some tips on a good pair of shoes for crossfit. I have regular feet with no issues to worry about.

Thanks for your help.

PS Being Remembrance/Veterans Day, I would like to say thanks to all the military staff who keep our countries safe. Canadians appreciate what our brothers to the south do too. Cheers!

Thanks for the responses and great articles jkra410! Much appreciated. I ended up getting the Flywires. All I can say about Crossfit is...Holy F*&k! What an intense workout. I really enjoy it. I have tried all sorts of programs in the past, from being a gym rat to bootcamp to spin class. Hands down...for me...crossfit is the most intense. I think it will work well with my lifestyle as I don't have time to live at the gym anymore. Now let's see how fast the weight comes off...good thing my wife has health issues and can't eat sugar so I know my diet is good at home. Just no cheating at work.

Cheers

Thanks for the responses and great articles jkra410! Much appreciated. I ended up getting the Flywires. All I can say about Crossfit is...Holy F*&k! What an intense workout. I really enjoy it. I have tried all sorts of programs in the past, from being a gym rat to bootcamp to spin class. Hands down...for me...crossfit is the most intense. I think it will work well with my lifestyle as I don't have time to live at the gym anymore. Now let's see how fast the weight comes off...good thing my wife has health issues and can't eat sugar so I know my diet is good at home. Just no cheating at work.

Cheers

Glad the articles helped out. Losing weight is more about nutrition than exercise. You can't out exercise poor nutrition. You can get more physically fit (endurance, speed, strength, power, etc.) and still be just as fat. The discipline to eat well is harder for most people in my experience than the discipline to exercise, even at a high level. It is easier for more people to do things versus NOT to do things (i.e. eat certain foods). Happy to help with any training or nutrition questions. Been advising/coaching for more than 20 years training athletes.

Back