Best Gloves

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
I’m about to settle on mechanics gloves because I just can’t seem to find a good glove with some dexterity that’s durable. Anyone have an archery glove they have found work well?

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
I know they ain't cheap, but the best I have found are the hestra ergo grip czone gloves. They are like nothing else I have owned. Amazing! Would highly recommend.

JStol5

WKR
I use fingerless outdoor research Fairbanks gloves. Only gloves I’ve ever felt comfortable shooting a handheld release in.

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not crazy about wearing gloves, especially while bow hunting but I’ve been using the fingerless first lite gloves when it’s colder out.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
Try these. I got them through cycling, but use them heavily while hunting. They run 1-2 sizes large. Thin, but warm.

I used the Magpul technical glove 2.0 this year, and it performed well. I wouldn't say that they're super durable, but they honestly held up better than I thought they would. They have touchscreen capable finger and thumb. The biggest reason I tried them was the lack of velcro. I'm shifting away from having any velcro on my person while hunting.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I'd be interested in the options as well from folks. I have found it hard to find "light" and "durable" in the same glove. Too heavy and I can't feel the release. Too light and it shreds and won't last. I have been using a Kuiu merino base layer. They are warm for what they are and I can still feel the release. But I'd leave em behind for something better....

Considered the Black Ovis 3 finger merino
Considered the Attack Glove from Kuiu
Considered the First light fingerless.

nphunter

WKR
I’ve used Sitka, Kuiu and FL merino liner gloves. FL are the best of those, Kuiu are the worse. They aren’t durable but I love them, I Can get most of a year out of a pair and I wear them all day and archery hunt probably 50 days a year. I rifle hunt in the same gloves, a few small holes don’t bug me, I torque the bow less with a light glove and they also keep pitch off of my fingers when busting brush all day.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Variously, I’ll go gloveless on my release hand and keep it in the muff while waiting.

Or I’ll use my “tactical isotoners” from HWI: https://www.madcityoutdoor.com/products/hwi-combat-glove. I got mine at the MCX.

I think I’d like to try these: https://www.firstlite.com/products/trigger-glove.html?lang=en_US

or maybe FL’s Talus Merino fingerless?
I will often go gloveless and use a muff (with one of the Zippo hand warmers if it's cold enough) as well.

If it's cold enough I wear the Talus fingerless gloves. They aren't the most durable I've ever seen as they will get a lot of pulls in the thread if you wear them for rough(er) stuff, but for sitting in a stand I haven't found anything better.

I know they ain't cheap, but the best I have found are the hestra ergo grip czone gloves. They are like nothing else I have owned. Amazing! Would highly recommend.
I just grabbed a pair of Hestra Ergo Grip Active gloves on sale and they are by far the best pair of gloves I have ever worn. They are completely wind proof with really good articulation. Hestra is expensive but their build quality, fit and sizing makes it worth it. I had a pair of their leather ski gloves that lasted me 15 years before finally falling apart.

nubbin

FNG
As someone that wears gloves every day at work, dexterity and durability don’t go hand in hand. This pertains to leather work gloves. A plain deer skin leather glove will have decent dexterity, but poor durability. A durable leather glove will have poor dexterity.

As far as hunting gloves for archery, i wear 150gr merino gloves. When it cold out i wear a medium weight fleece glove on bow hand, put my release hand in my pocked and just hold onto the other glove for warmth. Learned a trick Wade fishing for trout in the winter. I cut the fingers off some fleece gloves just past the knuckle, and slipped hand warmers into the cuff of the glove on the under side of the wrist, worked surprisingly well.

TX_Diver

WKR
I wore sitka traverse gloves with a handwarmer inside down to about 20 degrees. When it got to zero I put 2 handwarmers inside. Aluminum bow riser with no rubber grip or anything.

My release (handheld) was in my pocket with another handwarmer. When a shot was possible I'd take the glove off and keep my hand in my pocket with the other handwarmer/release.

If there's a better option I'm alll ears, but the traverse gloves seemed to be a good balance of warmth and dexterity. Durability seemed good through brush and snow, but I wouldn't do much rock climbing, etc. with them.

tdoublev

FNG
I use the Sitka Fanatic gloves and they’ve worked well for me. They aren’t the warmest gloves by a long shot, but it’s enough for me to get outside and practice in the cold. I use a two finger handheld release and don’t have any issues with dexterity. The index and thumb finger tips get cold after a half hour in below freezing temps, but it gets the job done.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I usually buy cheap liners and cut the required fingers off. With a handheld release, I personally need to have the thumb, index and middle fingers free at a minimum. In cold weather I have a hand muff around my waist.

IMO, one of the things lacking in many of these thinner gloves is grip. Meaning, some sort of tackiness. I feel like the release will slip off my fingers without it unless they are cut short. I really like the Sitka traverse gloves and have put a thin line of silicone on the fingers for grip.

TheTone

WKR
Lately I’ve been a mechanix fast fit guy. I don’t like having an archery glove that has a velcro cuff. Can’t beat the price on the fast fits either