Best hunting pants for short legs

Sean1

FNG
I am looking for a pair of good outer shell hunting pants, pretty good at blocking the wind, relatively quite and somewhat tough. I would prefer a solid color.

Main thing is I have a 30" inseam at best and most pants are not that short. Yes I can hem them but in the case of some pants the knee will down by my shin. I purchased a set of Sitka Timberline pants and the knee pads are kind of down by my shin.

Any suggestions on who makes a pant in a short or by the inseam measurement that I am missing and would fit what I am describing?

Thank you for your input.

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
I also have the problem of my transmission built too close to the ground. I hem all my pants after buying them as I am a 29" inseam. The Stone Glacier De Havilland pants hemmed up have been good for me. I don't run the knee pads in them but I feel like the knee cuts line up well. Hands down the best all around pants I have are my KUIU Attack. I can wear those things on 90 degree bow hunts or 20 degree later season hunts. I have a pair of both solid and camo that I have hemmed.

OP
S

Sean1

FNG
I also have the problem of my transmission built too close to the ground. I hem all my pants after buying them as I am a 29" inseam. The Stone Glacier De Havilland pants hemmed up have been good for me. I don't run the knee pads in them but I feel like the knee cuts line up well. Hands down the best all around pants I have are my KUIU Attack. I can wear those things on 90 degree bow hunts or 20 degree later season hunts. I have a pair of both solid and camo that I have hemmed.
I also have the Kuiu Attack pants. They are in the short version and fit pretty well but probobly not as tough or weather resistant as what I am looking for in my next pair of pants. When you talk to Kuiu they will never say any of their clothes are very windproof. Kind of concerns me a little. Nothing will ruin a hunt for me faster than cold wind cutting through your clothes.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
I run a bunch of mountain khakis hemmed down to around 26.5". No knee issues.

I wore Fjallraven ventilated Vidda Pros from September through November last year and they were great. Very durable and pretty versatile with the Greenland wax. I have been mulling trying out the Kebs. Bought a pair of Kuiu attacks on Black Friday just to try them out. Honestly dont really care for how they fit.

Short chassis here, too.

The 30” length on my FL Corrugate Foundry isn’t bad. I don’t always run the knee pads, but they’re not at my shins like you describe with Sitka (had the same issue w/ their pants).

Not quite as durable, but the Stretch Zion (Prana) and Eddie Bauer guide pants have been excellent for fit (30” inseam). They both make a 28” inseams as well.

bradb

WKR
These are my favorite pants by far, not cheap but hold up GREAT. They do not block the wind but are what I am wearing most days in other then real cold or rain. They also sell a variety of versions.

Kuiu short inseam. Prana makes the original zion again and they have every waist size in 28 and 30 length. I find the 28" inseam in the Zion is closer to actually fitting like a 30" inseam though. I went Kuiu kutana/attack in the period that Prana wasnt making the original zion, and I think Kuiu makes the better overall hunting pant, but neither of them are as comfortable as the Zion.

I wore Fjallraven ventilated Vidda Pros from September through November last year and they were great. Very durable and pretty versatile with the Greenland wax. I have been mulling trying out the Kebs. Bought a pair of Kuiu attacks on Black Friday just to try them out. Honestly dont really care for how they fit.
If you can stomach the price or find the Kebs on sale, pick up a pair. They had a 2 for 1 sale on Memorial Day at a store and I snagged them. I much prefer them over my vidda pros

I like the kuiu stretch kutana in short. I think they might fit the bill for you. Far better than the attacks in every way imho. Some other worthy suggestions here that I’m going to check out as well as a fellow vertically challenged individual.