Best Low Cost ILF Riser

Dyoung46

FNG
Hi everyone,

I am looking at getting a new ILF riser. I currently have a Oak Ridge Byron, but the grip does not work well for me (too wide in the webbing of my hand). I know I could work it down, but I think I may just find another riser. So, what would you all recommend? I am looking at the Win&Win Black Elk, Galaxy Artemis, Junxing TBow, and Junxing F261.

OP
D

Dyoung46

FNG
Look at after market grips or modify the one that is on it. R core are supposed to be good. I have the F261 and had to seriously modify the grip to fit my hand but now it’s great.
Sadly I have not found an aftermarket grip for the Byron.

kad11

WKR
Hi everyone,

I am looking at getting a new ILF riser. I currently have a Oak Ridge Byron, but the grip does not work well for me (too wide in the webbing of my hand). I know I could work it down, but I think I may just find another riser. So, what would you all recommend? I am looking at the Win&Win Black Elk, Galaxy Artemis, Junxing TBow, and Junxing F261.
I have a Junxing 21" ilf riser I've been meaning to sell - PM me if you're interested.

OP
D

Dyoung46

FNG
It looks like I can't PM you either - I can post pics here if interested. I think you have to get to 10 posts to get PM ability.
Funny, someone else PMd me yesterday so idk how they did that! 😅 No worries though brother.

As long as it's not the problem child " Discovery " 21" model . Of the best bang for the buck I would say the Junxing F261, which is also branded with two other names out there. Don't have a pig in there race but John's Custom Archery in Ringgold Virginia prices delivered if one buying new can't be touched .

As long as it's not the problem child " Discovery " 21" model . Of the best bang for the buck I would say the Junxing F261, which is also branded with two other names out there. Don't have a pig in there race but John's Custom Archery in Ringgold Virginia prices delivered if one buying new can't be touched .
I've only used the 17". Killed my bull with it this year. What's the deal with the 21? I don't care for how it looks.

I will say, I had a limb bolt completely fail on the 17". Bought replacements from 3rivers which seem much more robust.

On the 21" er reports of cracks , heavy machine marks , slow sales . In fact there trying to unload the potatoes at the same price as there solid bread n butter old standby true n blue tested by time risers . It's not the space age rocket new design that actually looks good . Btw most of there limbs are great for the money if one knows where to purchase them.

nphunter

WKR
TBOW is a great bow, I don't think a person could tell the difference between a Satori and the TBOW other than the TBOW has a nicer grip. Mine shoots extremely well with UUkah limbs.

Kentucky

WKR
A used das Dalaa 17 or 21 would be are good.

Also I’ve got a few sets of really nice hunting weight limbs I can let go pretty cheap, if that interests you…

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
I was keen on the Tbow until I did some more research and found how many people rate the F261.
So I started looking and found a 17" for a great price and I have to say, it's lived up to the hype.
Easy to silence with pads, adjust and has plenty of threaded holes for accessories.

Ghost23

FNG
I'm getting sick into recurves and have done a lot of reading and research. The EXE scream riser seems to be a top pick at an affordable price. I'm going with a 17" and long Nika N3 pro limbs with TTT string.

The EXE scream riser is a great option remember its " billed " sold like under three different names . I think one of the other names is Optimus ? JOHNS ARCHERY , Ringbold VA has the best prices tyd I have seen just like on his Satori risers .

OP
D

Dyoung46

FNG
Thanks for all the replies guys! I ended up trying a Junxing F166 and I got a Junxing F261/ EXE scream. I also got some Nika N3 and C1 limbs. I think I am going to like the F261!

Beendare

WKR
Thanks for all the replies guys! I ended up trying a Junxing F166 and I got a Junxing F261/ EXE scream. I also got some Nika N3 and C1 limbs. I think I am going to like the F261!
I have that exact setup; 261 riser, Nika N3 longs….fast, quiet, rock solid setup.
That 261 the perfect weight, IMO, it is a tad lighter than the Trad tech and the DAS Riser.
its much lighter than those Bar Bell CD risers