Best moose meat hauling frame pack?

Hauled out a cow moose last year with my Stone XL x-curve frame. I’m 6’1” and 230lbs. Heaviest load was ~130lbs and it was up and out of a deep valley. Worked great for me.

I've been using the Eberlestock Mainframe and it packs great. 100-130+lb packs are not the most comfortable but I'm not sure that's the packs fault.. that's just a lot of weight. I've heard great things about the Barneys as well

I don’t know if it’s the best moose pack, but I like my Kelty Cache Haulers.

Why? Because it’s what I have and they haul big loads.
My cousin used the Kelty Cache and it worked like a charm! Good price on those too

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
While I am working on acquiring a Barneys frame, I have used my initial accent frame and bag to pack out two moose. Pro tip for all the new guys.. learn your packs and don't forget to re attach the load lifters. Makes hauling 120# real real rough (unless you like a deep burn in your shoulders)

Meknowy

FNG
+1 for Barney's. Somebody implied that it wasn't comfortable, but when packing a heavy load it's as comfy as I've found. For moderate loads an internal frame might beat it, but with a heavy load I'll put it up against anything

Meknowy

FNG
That's the one.

There's another company that didn't survive called "Alaska Range" which uses the heavily padded straps and tough mounts that Barney's does. The Ak range has a welded in load shelf and will haul a spine crushing load too.if you see one used....don't be afraid.
Wrench, do you know how long ago they were making these? This is the first I've heard of them...

Reactions: WMR