Best packable solar panel $150 and under?

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering what the best packable solar panel is for under $150? Looking to keep cell phones charged for 5-7 day backpack hunt. Thanks

I agree with zacattack

I’ve got a goal zero panel, and in Nov you need to baby sit...time of year sun is low/ need to keep turning to optimize charging. And clouds! I’d be screwed the last 2 seasons if I didn’t bring an extra Anker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anker makes a solar panel that many have been happy with. They are available on Amazon. Lots of guys bring that and a battery pack. Can top up the phone if it’s sunny and still have juice available when it’s cloudy and the panel isn’t working optimally.

Anker makes a solar panel that many have been happy with. They are available on Amazon. Lots of guys bring that and a battery pack. Can top up the phone if it’s sunny and still have juice available when it’s cloudy and the panel isn’t working optimally.
Great, thank you for the info, I truly appreciate it.

The little renogy e.flex 5w only weighs like 5-6 oz and keeps stuff going for 2-3 people indefinitely…. We set it up to charge a battery pack all day while we hunt, then use the battery pack to charge everything at night.Big side note is we are in sunny Arizona so that’s rarely an issue

I played the solar panel game for one season. After that I went to a battery pack and haven't looked back. Same amount of weight and I've yet to drain a pack. Charging my phone, headlamp, and inreach daily.

That seems like a sure fire way to get the charge i need. I do t want to be at the mercy of the sun to get my gear charged either.

Something else to consider is over charging with a panel. My BIL bought a hotdog panel and cooked his lamp in the july sun. The automatic shut off failed and continued to charge after full. Based off of reviews here, and online, I found the RAVpower packs to have high ratings. At the time of purchase Amazon had a 26800mAh pack. Now they stock a 36800mAh pack. So far my only caution is have a back up at the truck. It takes days to charge. If you go in for 4+ days and drain some juice off the original, then decide to grab Jimmy Johns before you head back in, you won't come close to refilling it. Grab the full one for piece of mind of having that extra bar of power.

Something else to consider is over charging with a panel. My BIL bought a hotdog panel and cooked his lamp in the july sun. The automatic shut off failed and continued to charge after full. Based off of reviews here, and online, I found the RAVpower packs to have high ratings. At the time of purchase Amazon had a 26800mAh pack. Now they stock a 36800mAh pack. So far my only caution is have a back up at the truck. It takes days to charge. If you go in for 4+ days and drain some juice off the original, then decide to grab Jimmy Johns before you head back in, you won't come close to refilling it. Grab the full one for piece of mind of having that extra bar of power.
Solid recommendation ELKOHUNTER, I will look i to RAVpower. Thanks for the advice.

Been looking for a Solar panel for camping and hunting, Looking into the Anker Solar panel on amazon, but is there a specific model that people use?

I bought this one in 2017 and I use it in conjunction with an Anker block. I charge phones and headlamps with the Anker block at night, and during the day I leave this at camp recharging the block. My spreadsheet shows it at 16.1 oz which I would have measured on my food scale.

I bought this one in 2017 and I use it in conjunction with an Anker block. I charge phones and headlamps with the Anker block at night, and during the day I leave this at camp recharging the block. My spreadsheet shows it at 16.1 oz which I would have measured on my food scale.
Perfect, I appreciate that. I'll look into getting that panel and the block.

Back