Best place to grab a beer and crash in Bozeman?

Bluumoon

WKR
Passing through Bozeman in a couple hours. Where should I hit for a bite to eat, beers, and somewhere lacking bedbugs to crash?

ChrisD

FNG
Bozeman is my home town. Like anywhere, it has good things and bad. Attitude drives perception, if you look for bad, you’ll darn sure find it. That said, the Chalet market is a gem, Bozeman proper also has some gems too. Iho’s ( Dowtown Bozeman) is well worth the stop, and supports a wonderful family. Columbos
pizza has the best sandwich in town. Cosmic Pizza at Main/19th is good too. Those are where eat. Just felt I had to stick up for my home town a bit.

7LRM

Lil-Rokslider
Go to Randy Newberg house and crashing free with Randy crews and make sure his wife is not there.

Jon Boy

WKR
Where did you end up at? I can understand the hate from locals after seeing what the town has turned into. Having said it’s just a bunch of rich people that don’t exactly live in reality, with tons of great food and drink options and tons of pretty women to look at. I could think of a lot worse places to stop… any where down town is always a fun little visit. Couldn’t live there and it about killed me working there last winter, but I still enjoy going over the hill for a date day once a month or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bluumoon

WKR
Was listening to a Lewis and Clark book on the way up. First hotel close to downtown I drove by was Lewis and Clark Inn, just seemed right.

Dinner was fine for bar food, Guinness was poured well.

Downtown was similar to Durango, California lite, but w some hunting based businesses.

I must have missed all the pretty girls. Maybe it’s a town where 6s are 10s? Museum of the Rockies was worth a stop.

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
Where did you end up at? I can understand the hate from locals after seeing what the town has turned into.
The hate isn't coming from locals, it's coming from other Montanan's - I'll leave you to decide why that is, but I have my theory. Bozeman has it's downside, especially given a lot of the more recent move-ins, but it's still a great place to live, with generally a LOT more to offer than any other town in Montana. I just ignore the overly quaffed women with turquoise cowboy boots... there's still plenty of really fine people here, including many of the recent arrivals. Change is the one constant in life, and four or five winters has a way of sifting the chaff...

Lived in Belgrade from '86-'92, wife worked in a Bozeman Clinic.
It was okay for us when we came but were glad to leave when we did.
There's still a lot of good folks there but a big problem is there are so many
$hi! heads anymore it's hard not to run into them on a regular basis.
We're a hundred miles away now and the town has nothing we need. It's
a nice place to be from. :)

If you are young and don't mind masking up, standing in lines, paying inflated
prices for food or lodging, bad and impatient drivers, very liberal politics and untrained
dogs it's probably alright.

It's still beautiful scenery and good hunting and fishing to be found. Some good food
and beers too as has been noted.

Tradchef

WKR
If I had to eat a sandwich in town I’d go to Finks Deli.
I don’t drink so couldn’t help with that much
Been here for 20 years and honestly won’t be sad when I’m ready to point my wheels in another direction in the next couple of years.