Best read for solo trip

If you like history, Fatal Shore is great. Book about establishing the penal colony in Australia. It's a long book, perfect for solo trips with a few hours to kill each day. Guns of August is also good, about WWI.

You kind of have to be interested in the topic, but I'm working my way through 'Long Range Shooting Handbook' by Ryan Cleckner (former Army Ranger sniper). It's a technical book but cool that everything you're reading can be applied in real life as well as hunting in certain aspects (if you hunt with modern firearms).

The Vince Flynn / Mitch Rapp series of books are highly entertaining in my opinion. I've got Jack Carr's Terminal List downloaded for my Nevada roadtrip in a couple weeks. Met the author at SHOT a couple years ago and finally getting around to listening to these highly acclaimed books.

+1 on the 10th Legion. I read a collection of McGuane short stories called Cloudbursts recently that was great too. I think he's one of my favorites when it comes to the short story format.

Good Omens - Neil Gaiman
Term Limits - Vince Flynn
Any of the CJ Box Joe Picket series
anything by Pat McManus

Im a supply chain nerd.... but a good negotiation book that has a bunch of general use stuff is dont split the difference. It is a good read.

The Jim Corbett series of book are awesome. They describe his hunts for man eating tigers and leopards in India. The books are like 'Ghost and the Darkness' on steroids.

I like any of the western or mountain themed books when in the mountains. I like to try and match the setting that you are in.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Any of John Gierach's books. I just read his latest "Dumb luck and the kindness of strangers". They are are all flyfishing stories.

As mentioned above the CJ Box Joe Pickett series is great. Right now I’m personally working through Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink.

Adam Shoalts
Either Beyond the trees or Alone against the North.
guy is tough as nails. Read one of his books and when you think your having it rough in the mountains you realize your just a p*ssy.

Back