Best Socks for Sweaty Feet

Looking for some input on what socks you have used to help combat sweaty feet. Keep hearing/seeing ads about Hollow Socks, might be in the market for those if they live up to the advertising.

For longer sits, what have kept your feet warm and dry?

For more active hunts, what has been your go-to for maintaining moisture?

For some reason, cold or hot, my feet always sweat which inevitably leads to either cold or uncomfortable situations.

Appreciate the input!

Mcnasty

FNG
I too have very sweaty and cold feet. Second on the fresh dry pair after the walk in, I sometimes do this with my base layer top as well depending on how strenuous the walk is. One thing that has worked for me is to apply antiperspirant it helps reduce the moisture a lot for me. Finding unscented locally can be difficult I like the spray over the stick.

Sounds like y’all need to address the problem and not the symptom. Have you tried Certain DRI? It’s an OTC roll on antiperspirant.
I need to try something like this, feet always sweaty even in subzero temps and uninsulated boots. If my feet are comfortable they sweat. I have some Woolrich socks I got cheap from Camofire or Steep n Cheap and I've found that my feet will stay warm in them even when they're wet. Only when I take my boots off and expose the wet socks will my toes start to get cold.

LuvDog

FNG
Merino Wool socks. Check the merino content of any style you like. You'll see a lot of socks advertised as merino, but have only 50-60% merino.

The more merino the better for sweating/odor control, but may not be as elastic and may wear out a bit faster.

1moaway

FNG
Another vote for darn tough. I like their midweight ones with cushion, they've performed better than any thing else I've tried. Always helps to have an extra dry pair on you too.

I wear injiji synthetic liner socks with merino socks over them. Never have an issue with sweaty feet with that setup. I tried just merino first and it’s didn’t help much, I actually thought my feet got more sweaty and cold. (Darn tough)

I’m interested in the alpaca socks as well. I’ve read they aren’t as durable and that you should limit washes. At $30 a pair I’m waiting for some more reviews…

Haven’t tried a spray on anti-perspirant. Might be good to try for non-backpacking trips.

Nored

FNG
Under armour synthetic socks work pretty well for me. Merino wool seems to make my feet sweat worse.

OP
P
I too have very sweaty and cold feet. Second on the fresh dry pair after the walk in, I sometimes do this with my base layer top as well depending on how strenuous the walk is. One thing that has worked for me is to apply antiperspirant it helps reduce the moisture a lot for me. Finding unscented locally can be difficult I like the spray over the stick.
Never thought about that before, great idea! Definitely gonna give it a try

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Looking for some input on what socks you have used to help combat sweaty feet. Keep hearing/seeing ads about Hollow Socks, might be in the market for those if they live up to the advertising.

For longer sits, what have kept your feet warm and dry?

For more active hunts, what has been your go-to for maintaining moisture?

For some reason, cold or hot, my feet always sweat which inevitably leads to either cold or uncomfortable situations.

Appreciate the input!

Mongolian Camel wool and/or Yak wool socks are significantly better than merino wool. Quality Alpaca is good as well.

Sigfour

FNG
I purchased hollow socks this year and wore them on a few hunts. I ended up buying a few more pair and wear them everywhere. I was a two sock person before- liner sock and reg or merino wool sock over depending on weather. The hollow socks are a bit spendy but I like the alpaca over merino.