Best Time to Hunt Aoudad?

What’s the general consensus on the best time to hunt aoudad? Any differences in beard and chap lengths in the fall during their main rut vs in winter/early spring?

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
I have never noticed any difference in beard and chaps length throughout the year. Some are better than others but I do not believe there is a seasonal correlation.

I have never noticed any difference in beard and chaps length throughout the year. Some are better than others but I do not believe there is a seasonal correlation.
Agreed. Rut hunts, like most rut type hunts can be amazing. Late hunts can be tough if rams pull off and don’t bachelor on the same ranch/ property. But seeing 20 mature rams together is pretty spectacular.

I went in January. Be prepared for massive temperature swings. Layering was mandatory.
30 degree mornings, by midday it was 80+ degrees.

fall during the rut or winter/ spring , summer is very hot, today was 104 degrees , too hot to hunt
this. No closed season and no limit in Texas, but you dont want to be playing in the rocks and greese wood over 90 especially 104 like today.

Only difference in Rut vs any other time is rut there where be rams mixed in with ewes for sure. Think big herds. Not rut, just means ram bands

S-3 ranch

WKR
this. No closed season and no limit in Texas, but you dont want to be playing in the rocks and greese wood over 90 especially 104 like today.

Only difference in Rut vs any other time is rut there where be rams mixed in with ewes for sure. Think big herds. Not rut, just means ram bands
Spring Before it gets super hot and the rams are back in batchler groups is fun
except it’s also best nilgai hunting time also IMG_0068.jpegIMG_0067.jpegIMG_0076.jpeg

aoudad

FNG
Anytime is the best time...... winter they will have full capes. Summer when it's hot some of the hair will slip making the chaps and hair not as thick. Gotta get them on ice fast in the heat.