Best Pac Boot for Idaho Late Season Elk Hunting?

Hey Folks,

What is the general consensus around here on the best winter Pac Boot for a late season (December) elk hunt in Idaho?

Temps between single digits and 40's,but usually 20's - 30's, with snow on the ground. Something that can keep my feet warm and totally dry whether I am hiking miles and miles up & down mountains or sitting still for hours on end. Something that can handle deep snow, slush, pooled water, etc. Something that will last a long time.

I am considering Hoffman or Schnee's, but I want to hear what you all have to say from experience.

Thanks,

Tim

Have you ever hunted in pac boots?

Reason I ask. I used some I think schnees last year in Montana November elk hunting. My feet still got fairly cold. They were heavy and made my legs more tired.

This year it was supposed to be a little warmer so I just wore my uninsulated crispis and gaiters. Fully expecting to be back in the pac boots. To my surprise my feet never got cold and they were much better to hike around in. This included quite a bit of snow and some temps in the mid teens. The gaiters made a huge difference and I believe the more breathable leather boots kept my feet more dry from day to day. Just a thought for you because I absolutely hated hiking around in pac boots..

bhylton

WKR
I've used pacs extensively. I highly recommend a insulated hunting boot. The crispi wildrock with 400gram insulation is by far wamer than any of the thinsulate lined pacs I've used by far and you can actually hike in them.

N.ID7803

WKR
If you are going to buy a pair go with Hoffmans. I hunt in pacs when it’s snowy. Feet are always dry and if you are moving your feet won’t be cold.