Best wall tent stakes

Looking for tent stake recommendations for a Davis Tent with the poles on the outside that go over the stakes. What are you all using?

92xj

WKR
Pick your poison

I use the 12” forged head on my canvas tent. Work perfect and can beat them in with anything around and they don’t change shape

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Are you talking about the stakes that the 1/2" EMT goes over.......or the stakes for the ropes? The stakes from Davis have a head size that the EMT will fit over. For the ropes I use 12x3/8" lag bolts with a large washer, and use my impact driver to put them in/take them out.

Blackcow

WKR
We used lag bolts for ever^^, but started using 1/2”x12 or 5/8”x12 galv. eye bolts with the ends cut at an angle. Switched all the corners from rope to orange cam buckle straps, too. Easy to re tension or set up by yourself if it has exterior wall posts.

OP
B
Are you talking about the stakes that the 1/2" EMT goes over.......or the stakes for the ropes? The stakes from Davis have a head size that the EMT will fit over. For the ropes I use 12x3/8" lag bolts with a large washer, and use my impact driver to put them in/take them out.
Stakes the 1/2 inch EMT go over.

Red33

FNG
I bought 18 extra stakes from Kodiak Canvass. 12" and work great for less than $30.

OP
B
You might have to get those from Davis directly to make sure they'll fit. I bought others for staking the bottom of the ends of the tent and the heads are much larger.
Yeah we have had this tent for a long time and either bent most of them up or flattened the heads out so they don’t all work anymore for the poles. We have bought some aftermarket ones but have always been too big. I like your idea of the lag bolts though and using the impact. I might do that for sure

Jakerex

WKR
These work great for us. If I had to do it again, I’d get 12”.

Baoz 20Pcs 16" Heavy Duty Tent Stakes Metal Camping Tarp Pegs Steel Tent Spikes for Tent Tarp Outdoor Trip Canopy Large Hard Ground Rocky Soil,Tent Stake Heavy Duty, Stakes Heavy Duty https://a.co/d/7IVxJTi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splinter

FNG
find a potato farmer and get a roll of digger chain . Can cut to various lengths and will never bend or break .