BFG T/A KO2s vs Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

I had WPs and love them at first. Then they got very loud and the traction was horrible. I started to notice the decline at about 40% wear. The price super good at the time but I won’t get another set.

Haven’t had those wild peaks but have had the BFG’s and a lot of other AT’s over the years. Goodyear Duratracs are hands down the best tires I ever ever put on a truck. To the point that I won’t buy anything else now. Wear is great, very little road noise, snow traction is amazing and they do great in mud for being an AT. Also do great in rocks and sand. I don’t thing there’s a better truck or SUV tire made unless you need a hardcore mud tire. They do better in the mud than any other AT I’ve had but at the end of the day they’re no boggers.

SonnyDay

WKR
Had KO2's on my Tundra and then switched to the Wildpeaks. I liked them both, but the Wildpeaks grip better in snow/rain with no sacrifice in ride/noise. Will likely be sticking with the Wildpeaks going forward.

Wild peaks for me and all my buddies. We’ve been through them all and nothing wears or is as quiet as the wild peaks. Getting ready to put a set on our Durango. Best wishes!

I have the Falken i have been super impressed traction wise.
I have ruined 2 sideswalls.
And I have 1 or 2 shaped like eggs.
There made in China and im planning in heading back to bfg after these are done.

I'm also in the minority here, but I had KO2s on my silverado and loved them, got 90k+ on them, and then needed to see what all the buzz was about with the Wildpeaks so I got those.. they are quieter and I haven't really put the traction to the test to know how they compare, but they now have 33k on them and are wearing pretty decent, but definitely not as much tread as the KO2, and my truck just started shaking at interstate speeds and I took it in thinking it was time for a u-joint, and turns out the tires need to be rebalanced.. shop owner told me he hasn't been nearly as impressed with the Falkens as he used to be. I kinda want to go back to KO2s for my next set.

OP
Tod osier

Tod osier

WKR
I'm also in the minority here, but I had KO2s on my silverado and loved them, got 90k+ on them, and then needed to see what all the buzz was about with the Wildpeaks so I got those.. they are quieter and I haven't really put the traction to the test to know how they compare, but they now have 33k on them and are wearing pretty decent, but definitely not as much tread as the KO2, and my truck just started shaking at interstate speeds and I took it in thinking it was time for a u-joint, and turns out the tires need to be rebalanced.. shop owner told me he hasn't been nearly as impressed with the Falkens as he used to be. I kinda want to go back to KO2s for my next set.

Huge thanks guys for the anecdotes. I'm on my 5th or 6th set of BFG KOs and KO2s. I really wanted to try something new, but with the stories of problems with both, I think I'm sticking with my old standby since I'm not seeing dramatic benefits described.

Have used both in 10 ply rating. Both work well. The Falkens have a more aggressive tread, but are equally quiet. Both have a similarly aggressive side wall to my eye anyway. I have not noticed the wet weather issue some complain a lot on the KO2. I have not found a weakness in the Falkens. Both are wearing well. Have the KO2’s on a Sequoia, the Falkens on a Tundra. Both have done some off roading. The Falkens do better in mild mud than the KO2’s, but neither is a mud tire. About 20k in on both. I give a slight edge to the Falkens for what I do, mostly highway with some off-road use.
the ko2's losing traction on wet roads with wear has been much more of a small (light) pickup thing, on heavier rigs they seem to maintain good traction... kind of a common thing on small pickups with aggressive tires... toyo MT's being the very worst of all, i hate those tires on light rigs.... i have a set of ko2's on our tundra and my colorado zr2, and they are pretty easy to break lose on my pickup on wet roads, the tundra has about 45k on it, and original ko2's, and it still does pretty well traction wise... mine have about 25k and i may switch them prior to archery season, but i rarely get over a year out of tires, so no disappointment there for me... i won't be getting them again though, i'm going with the falken MT's or the newer hancook MT's this time.... the one time i found a tire i wanted to stick with, they discontinued them (cooper stt MT)... i'm back on the hunt for tires i'll buy more than once in a row, haha

SouthPaw

WKR
KO2s were a decent tire, lasted 73k on a half ton but they didnt wear evenly even with proper pressure, frequent rotations and balance/alignment checks. Good off-road but they sucked in the rain. I went to the Toyo AT3 which have been significantly better in rain/snow and wearing evenly. They are louder on pavement though. A few friends have the Falkens and they've been impressive thus far but not enough time yet to fully recommend.

TSAMP

WKR
I have KO2s on a f150 with over 70k on them. I'd guess ill put another 10k over the summer and likely replace before the winter. Besides road noise increasing over the last year no complaints. They are fairly chewed up from gravel but I have no issues with traction. The tires went on at 70k and it's around 143k on the odometer now. Tires have worn perfectly. I also maintain my truck well and rotate regularly...

Aeromoto

FNG
I've had KO2's on an F-150 and on wet roads I had a few issues, mainly on cornering at low speed. As the tires aged ~40K miles, ice and snow handling got a little squirrely. But that's probably expected on a higher mileage tire. I've got Falken Wildpeak AT3 on my JKU and they've done well in mud, snow, and ice. I probably have 30K miles on them so far. I rotate my tires at 5K miles when I do my oil changes.

axeforce6

WKR
I’ve went through two sets of KO2’s. I was considering wildpeaks for my tundra because I can’t find KO2’s in the size I want. I found out that fallen are made in china so it has me considering the toyo open country AT 3’s. I current have the KM3’s. I’ve only gotten about 36k on them and they’ll need to be replaced soon. I’m not off in mud enough to justify them.

Curious if any of you samrter truck guys can answer this for me. I currently have the bfg ko2 tires on my 2017 tacoma. People are telling me thats way to heavy duty of a tire for this truck. But ive liked them a lot. About to get new tires, any reason you would change? I live in wi so i dont see rocky dort roads more then a couple times of year but i have a work beater car to rack miles on when im not hunting. Thanks

Absolutely loved everything about my Falken’s until 3 side walls cracked one coldish night in Flagstaff. 4 1/2 years old with 60k on them and about 1/2 the tread left.

Ended up with Coopers which I hate, but didn’t have many options across the 40 on a time sensitive trip. The coopers will probably last until it is time for a new truck. Not sure what I will use going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’ve went through two sets of KO2’s. I was considering wildpeaks for my tundra because I can’t find KO2’s in the size I want. I found out that fallen are made in china so it has me considering the toyo open country AT 3’s. I current have the KM3’s. I’ve only gotten about 36k on them and they’ll need to be replaced soon. I’m not off in mud enough to justify them.
Falken has several production plants around the world, not all of the Wildpeaks are made in China. But, it's interesting to see guys complaining about Chinese products as they type on a Chinese made computer or cell phone.

I’ve been really impressed with my wild peaks. I’ve had several sets of BFGs, first set of Falkens, I won’t be going back…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. I ran KOs, then KO2s for years, never got more than 30k out of a set & they don't have a treadwear warranty. Falkens have a 50k treadwear warranty. Head to head, I think the Falkens are also slightly better in the snow and ice.