• Other Cot

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No Cot

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I'm looking for packable Cots for both Family camping trips and elk hunts out west. I've narrowed it down to either the Big Agnes Goosenest Inflatable Cot or the Helinox Lite Cot unless y'all tell me they're both bad ideas. Which option would you choice, if neither what would you recommend.

Pros:
They're both low to the ground and fairly lightweight with the edge going to Helinox.
The Goosenest is made so that 2 can be connected together for my Wife and I on family camping trips.

Cons:
Weight > 0
The Goosenest could be puncture by a rock or stick. How susceptible? I don't know.

What am I missing?

No experience with the Big Agnes but there is no way I'd pay $500 for what is technically a glorified air mattress. And to make matters worse, it looks like you still need to bring in an appropriate pad for insulation when it is cool/cold; could have missed it on their site but this is potentially more weight and pack space required.

I do use a Helinox cot and it works very well for what it is. When paired with an appropriate pad, it works well when cold and when it is hot.

Slugz

WKR
IMG-20230329-WA0012.jpegIMG-20230329-WA0015.jpeg
Info to consider
In the pic is a Helinox vs. Thermarest

Helinox = less parts
Thermarest = more parts
Helinox = smaller / think 150ish lb human and plenty of room
Thermarest = bigger / think 205 ish lb human and plenty of room
Helinox = less legs and suppprts
Thermarest = more legs and supports and a more firm feel.
Helinox = packs bigger
Thermarest = a bigger cot but packs smaller

Both are in the 2.5lb category give or take A few oz.

Both get the job done.

D S 319

WKR
@Slugz is that the regular or large thermarest?

Amazon currently has the regular on sale for 105 as well!

OP
T

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
At $105 I couldn't resist. I ordered a thermarest to try out. Worst case if I don't like it I'll make the kid sleep on it. haha

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was recently looking at a cot for mostly truck camping but some thing that would still be fairly lightweight and compact. I settled on a Marchway lightweight cot. it is not nearly as light as some of the others but I like it and it’s pretty compact and seems very sturdy. I paid 80 bucks for it delivered from Amazon. I would definitely recommend taking a look at it along with some of the reviews.

Milzie

FNG
I like my Cot except that I slide around when sleeping, need to add some traction to the fabric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk