Bino harness for backpacking

I was just looking for reviews/opinions on the Alaska guide creations bino bivy in comparison with going with something like the kuiu or Sitka or even S4. It's one of the last things on my list to purchase this summer, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I used the KUIU before I got my hands on an AGC harness. I do prefer the AGC now. It's much more comfortable on my shoulders and opens closes one handed just as easy as the KUIU. The durability of the AGC is unmatched, just tougher materials in IMO. Built to last!

I have not used the Sitka and I do NOT like the design of the S4. I want my optics protected and conveniently accessible. The S4 leaves them exposed.

jaredgreen

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered an AGC. I'm planning on keeping an emergency blanket, fire starter, compass, and sawyer mini in the max pocket. Several years ago my daughter dropped her pack while sitting a wallow. She went after a monster bull that passed by. You guessed it, she got lost with nothing on her. No light, not even a jacket. Thank God, she had her radio in her pocket, and was able to call me for help! Scary stuff! We started carrying these essential items in our cargo pockets, but the bino harness is the perfect solution!

OP
huntstrong2850
Just ordered an AGC. I'm planning on keeping an emergency blanket, fire starter, compass, and sawyer mini in the max pocket. Several years ago my daughter dropped her pack while sitting a wallow. She went after a monster bull that passed by. You guessed it, she got lost with nothing on her. No light, not even a jacket. Thank God, she had her radio in her pocket, and was able to call me for help! Scary stuff! We started carrying these essential items in our cargo pockets, but the bino harness is the perfect solution!

That's a really good idea. I like that.

twall13

WKR
I don't have experience with the others on your list but I did compare an Oregon Packworks Binobro to the AGC and for me the AGC won out for ease of use, comfort and as a surprise to me I really didn't mind the bulk and really like his much it can carry. I thought I was going to prefer the Binobro cause it was more minimalist but after half a day comparing the two the AGC was the clear winner for me. The shoulder harness for it really is comfortable for me, even under a pack.

OP
huntstrong2850
I don't have experience with the others on your list but I did compare an Oregon Packworks Binobro to the AGC and for me the AGC won out for ease of use, comfort and as a surprise to me I really didn't mind the bulk and really like his much it can carry. I thought I was going to prefer the Binobro cause it was more minimalist but after half a day comparing the two the AGC was the clear winner for me. The shoulder harness for it really is comfortable for me, even under a pack.

That was a lot of my concern also was how bulky it appeared online. I'm glad you brought that up. Thanks!

VA193P&Y

FNG
Huntstrong...which model are you looking for? I have the AGC K.I.S.S. in Multicam that has been carried maybe 3 times during spring turkey if you are interested. Just shoot me a PM.

OP
huntstrong2850
Huntstrong...which model are you looking for? I have the AGC K.I.S.S. in Multicam that has been carried maybe 3 times during spring turkey if you are interested. Just shoot me a PM.

I would need the X56 series. I do like the multi cam tho.