Binoc cases??

Budda

FNG
Was looking at getting a binoc case. Was looking at the Badlands Mag Bino Case. Anyone have one? Any feedback? Any other suggestions??

mgacf

FNG
I recently was in the market for one as well. I have a buddy with the Badland and he really likes it. I had used the smaller Kuiu version in the past so ended up just going with the larger kuiu this time.

Just got back from a hunt with it. Worked well other than I wish it had a pocket on the front of it. You can never have too many pockets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Budda

FNG
This is the one I was talking about. The XR model isn’t going to be big enough but it has pockets. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 46A818F0-FF97-4FB0-9132-753D3F1B647D.jpeg
    46A818F0-FF97-4FB0-9132-753D3F1B647D.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 27
OP
B

Budda

FNG
This is an option too.

Attachments

• 3748BB32-05F2-4987-AAAE-11DFFBD22CD8.jpeg
    3748BB32-05F2-4987-AAAE-11DFFBD22CD8.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 25

mgacf

FNG
Badlands makes good cases. I think you would be happy with either of them.

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
Just a total question here guys.....

For what reasons do you guys rather actual cases over just wearing a harness with them open on your chest?

I’m intrigued by them, I just can’t quite justify a reason to buy one?

Give me some good reasons so maybe I’ll have to!

Just a total question here guys.....

For what reasons do you guys rather actual cases over just wearing a harness with them open on your chest?

I’m intrigued by them, I just can’t quite justify a reason to buy one?

Give me some good reasons so maybe I’ll have to!

The case keeps dust and rain off them. Check out the S4 lockdown which is kinda a "hybrid" case. Its awesome and offers one handed deployment.

mgacf

FNG
Keep rain, snow, and dust off them. Especially handy when you are belly crawling or laid down to shoot. I ran with just a harness for a long time and would typically wear it under my jacket. That worked too.

My problem with standard harnesses is that they are typically elastic and the elastic wears out and they become sloppy.

I have used an Alaska Guide Creations for 6 years now.

OMB

WKR
I used that same Badlands case for years and have zero complaints with it, but I switched to a Kuiu Pro harness for this season and I like it a lot better. The magnets on the Badlands can be noisy sometimes, and I like the small side pockets on the Kuiu harness a lot more. Binos are easier to get in and out of on the Kuiu harness for the same level of protection, and it's more compact. There's also 3 or 4 other brands that will probably work just as well, it's mostly personal preference in my opinion.

Deadmeat

WKR
I have abs agc and t and k harness posted on here for sale both pretty well brand new. T and I still has tags on it.

revcwood

FNG
I have used the original Alaska Guide Creations harness for several years now. It carries my binos, with rangefinder in the front pocket. I like the full coverage for extra protection. They ride I there all the time. I also like that there is no elastic to wear out. I did swap the buckles for some auto-lock buckles I bought from Kifaru.

If you like that style, you might want to give the Outdoor Vision a try. I can get you a discount code if interested.

https://outdoorvisiongear.com/products/ridgetop-bino-harness
Just got my outdoor vision after poking around at a local shop. Considered the AGC but the OV seemed a little more streamlined in pics. Happy with it so far, in playing with it at home anyway. Feels like it's barely there. Chest straps would be snug for anyone bigger than 2xl but it feels like good quality. Small pockets but if I wanted more storage in it I would have gone with the AGC.

Sako300

WKR
Because you can take them out of a Bino case and mount on a tripod easily! Reason for Bino case harness! And better keeping dust and water out!