Bipod Help

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Hey All, I was out hunting again last night and am a little frustrated. I need help, a new bipod. I currently have a tall Harris on my yote rifle. Here are the dream parameters, in no particular order, that are necessary for my style of yote hunting.

- Light, I like to hike 3-5 mile loops.
- Steady, duh…
- Pan, tilt, and tall enough for seated position; the country I hunt leads to awkward angles shooting over growth.

Thoughts?

Wrestling with my bipod screwed up a double…
4E604C83-950D-48A4-8F31-4F0C7310FBAE.jpeg

OP
Hammsolo

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Not a bipod but , I like the versatility of a Primos trigger stick .
I have one. I like it for certain applications, but for last nights shot I don’t know if it would have worked.

I use the Javelin Pro Hunt Tac Bipod from Spartan. Not tall enough(9-12") for your req's , however, I have been wanting to try their SpringBol bipod which is designed for seated shots over brush (22" - 38").

The Javelin is featherlight and I like that its quick detach, If weight is your primary concern maybe check that one out. Anyone else used the SprinkBok , curious to hear how stable it is.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
What ultralight Tripod would you recommend?
Everyone's weight requirements are different.
Off the cuff, these look great for the price. An acquaintance bought one specifically for seated coyote shooting and likes it. <3lbs as-is with the head. Could drop another 6-8oz removing the bottom leg sections since the height isnt needed.

I use a taller Leofoto with the RRS Anvil knockoff. Leofoto SA- 324CL, MA30 head. Its a pound larger than the above-linked tripod, but I want to glass and possibly shoot standing.

OP
Hammsolo

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
If shooting seated is the primary function, a tripod with ball head is what I would use. Wouldnt even bring a bipod

I have a sirui tripod for my optics. I have a big pod, but they’re huge and heavy. Do I get an adapter for the tripod?

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a sirui tripod for my optics. I have a big pod, but they’re huge and heavy. Do I get an adapter for the tripod?
Looks like its offered with 3 head options. First two you need either arca or pic rail

T2830CS --- clips to arca or picatinny rail. Has a lever lock. Its the one Id get. Just need to have a pic rail or arca rail, preferably just in front of the magwell at the balance point of the rifle.

T2830CS-P --- same as the first one. But instead of a lever, you tighten a thumbnut to clip the rifle in

Then there's a third one with a universal saddle mount. Requires no adapter, but is going to be slightly heavier, bulkier, and more expensive.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I think I misunderstood your question.

95% of tripod heads clip to "arca" rails. So to clip your rifle into your current tripod, you would need at least a 2" arca rail installed on the rifle (best place is the balance point). They're cheap. Confirm what head you have.

Feel free to PM with questions

OP
Hammsolo

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
I think I misunderstood your question.

95% of tripod heads clip to "arca" rails. So to clip your rifle into your current tripod, you would need at least a 2" arca rail installed on the rifle (best place is the balance point). They're cheap. Confirm what head you have.

Feel free to PM with questions
Typo… Bog Pod

OP
Hammsolo

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Feel free to PM. I think I’m too new to start. I’m ver active and respected by one or two people on Hunttalk. This is the specific tripod my wife got me for my birthday.

A4D02A71-0558-4FD6-AEB3-A2B87727AA5C.png

OP
Hammsolo

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered an arca rail from Mountain Tactical. I’ll post pics when installed! Thanks

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Spartan Springbok is the best Predator tool you could ever buy. It weighs ounces, will get you out 300-400 steady as can be and it's the only product with unlimited range of motion and ability to switch positions and be back on a target in seconds. Was the number one product we sold at SCI and Western Hunt once people got to play with it.

Huge range of heights it can be used at, 360 degree rotation, only option that stays attaches to the rifle in seconds and stays attached while moving positions. The item was literally conceived by a professional predator manager. I'm so 100% positive you will think it's the best option, call me tomorrow, I'll send it to you to play with. You hate it send it back on my dime, or pay me if you keep it! Several of the rokslide team got to play with it this week at Western Hunt, I'm sure they understand the benefit for predator hunting.

I am not selling you a precision tool, I am selling you upgraded shooting sticks.

OIP.jpgOIP (6).jpgspring1.png

OP
Hammsolo

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
The Spartan Springbok is the best Predator tool you could ever buy. It weighs ounces, will get you out 300-400 steady as can be and it's the only product with unlimited range of motion and ability to switch positions and be back on a target in seconds. Was the number one product we sold at SCI and Western Hunt once people got to play with it.

Huge range of heights it can be used at, 360 degree rotation, only option that stays attaches to the rifle in seconds and stays attached while moving positions. The item was literally conceived by a professional predator manager. I'm so 100% positive you will think it's the best option, call me tomorrow, I'll send it to you to play with. You hate it send it back on my dime, or pay me if you keep it! Several of the rokslide team got to play with it this week at Western Hunt, I'm sure they understand the benefit for predator hunting.

I am not selling you a precision tool, I am selling you upgraded shooting sticks.

View attachment 676208View attachment 676209View attachment 676210

Sweet! I’m going to try my tripod setup, and if I don’t like it I’ll be hitting you up.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I thought the exact same thing! Never thought I would like them at all and once you play with them you just start to smile. As long as somebody understands their upgraded shooting sticks not a long range Precision Tool.