Black bear taxidermy ideas

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
Please share pics of what you have done with them. I hope to shoot my first this fall and am unsure of what I will do. Ideally I'd make a bed cover (for hunting camp) out of the hide, euro mount the skull, and pull the claws for necklaces for my wife and daughter. Not sure if 2 and 3 will negate 1, or if bed covers with black bear hides are even a thing.

Thanks.

Please share pics of what you have done with them. I hope to shoot my first this fall and am unsure of what I will do. Ideally I'd make a bed cover (for hunting camp) out of the hide, euro mount the skull, and pull the claws for necklaces for my wife and daughter. Not sure if 2 and 3 will negate 1, or if bed covers with black bear hides are even a thing.

Thanks.

If it’s a nice thick coat, and big enough, I think the bed cover is a great idea. I did that with a goat and we keep it at the cabin, and use it all the time.
0b71129f312baeeaa4de6bc9d85e1142.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
It depends if you want the paws and claws with the bed cover. I think rugs look better with the paws. The skull always comes out, so you'll be able to Euro mount it.

I have rugs stacked on top of each other, and the dog rolls all over them. really a waste. I just tan them now.

something I always thought would be cool is to just hang them from the nose from a trappers ring or a few dowl rods with different color bears, cinnamon, chocolate, black etc.

Good luck this fall

I have rugs stacked on top of each other, and the dog rolls all over them. really a waste. I just tan them now.

something I always thought would be cool is to just hang them from the nose from a trappers ring or a few dowl rods with different color bears, cinnamon, chocolate, black etc.

Good luck this fall

I think my next grizzly will just be fleshed and salted real good, then tacked up on the side of the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
I showed this pic to my Taxidermist. I want to mount him more or less as he was brought out of the bush. He'll be tanning the hide and putting a form in the head. I can always use the hide as a throw if I choose to at a later date.

Attachments

• 20200512_110840.jpg
    20200512_110840.jpg
    790.7 KB · Views: 154

Northpark

WKR
I showed this pic to my Taxidermist. I want to mount him more or less as he was brought out of the bush. He'll be tanning the hide and putting a form in the head. I can always use the hide as a throw if I choose to at a later date.

I’m totally doing this with a bull elk

Sawfish

Lil-Rokslider
This creature is affectionately known as "Mr. Bear". My wife dresses him in the appropriate costume for the season. No disrespect to Mr. Bear intended. She started this when I brought him home from the taxidermist, which was approximately three weeks before Christmas that year. Since the grand-kids were very young, she dressed Mr. Bear in a Santa Claus outfit so the children would not be alarmed by the sudden appearance of a large hairy beast at Christmas. The kids loved him and so did the guests. Whenever we have family or friends over Mr. Bear is always warmly greeted. We let the kids touch him and feel the fur and paws. He has become somewhat of a local celebrity. At the time of kill Mr. Bear was the SCI #10 Inland Black Bear taken with a handgun.MMO-Bear.jpg

Last edited:

Sawfish

Lil-Rokslider

Good luck this fall
I tried hanging the multi colored hides with nose rings and was very disappointed in the appearance. To each his own. Could always hang them on the grandkids!20200129_160232 (002).jpg

Last edited: