Black gold

Jotis

WKR
I am at ordering the pure gold 75 sight. Are you guys using the standard size house or the big dog. What benefit is the dovetail mount over the standard?

Big dog for me. Dovetail is for the adjustability to outline housing through your peep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custom pro is a newer version may wanna check into it before being set on that sight. I know cuz I was set on it till I called rob at s&s last week. I ordered last week

You won't regret this site. The dovetail helps improve accuracy....the longer distance from site to peep.

I have a custom pro with the big dog housing. For my setup the bigger housing all the way out on a 4 in. wing truss was spot on with a 3/16 peep. I set the housing distance to completely fill out the peep.

I just switched from a longer heavier dovetail sight to the Pure Gold 75 with the larger housing. Mostly to cut weight and have a more compact setup. I was very worried that the shorter, larger sight would affect my groups, but I almost feel as though they have gotten tighter. Buy either setup with confidence, it’s an awesome sight! I just personally didn’t notice any difference without the dovetail.

Do any of you guys rocking a multi pin adjustable sight use the middle/most center pin as your floater pin? Blackgold sent out an email that states using your most center pin as the floater will allow for the most accuracy. So just wondering if any one has reaped the rewards of that? I use the bottom as the floater.

Do any of you guys rocking a multi pin adjustable sight use the middle/most center pin as your floater pin? Blackgold sent out an email that states using your most center pin as the floater will allow for the most accuracy. So just wondering if any one has reaped the rewards of that? I use the bottom as the floater.

I have just started using my middle (40) pin as the floater. This biggest reason was because after 40, I was not as affective at gapping. Now I have the option for a quick shot further, but I can dial if I have time.

Always the middle of three pins as floater for me. Gives me an over and under if I dial. I go 25-35-45 . Dialed over 55 and becomes plus or minus 5 yards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'd love to read that email, do you still have it to post or remember the specifics of why?

Gillingham's floater is in the middle if that means anything. He also wears a glove.

I'd love to read that email, do you still have it to post or remember the specifics of why?

I've seen the same advice, and it boils down to the fact that it's easiest to keep the housing centered in your peep while using the centermost pin to aim. They're not advising using #2 on a 3-pin or #3 on a 5-pin, they're saying use whichever pin is closest to the center of your housing.

If you want to save a chunk of cash you can buy mine. It's basically brand new. 2" big dog + 4" dovetail. Perfect setup.

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/black-gold-sight-custom.132152/

Little warning about the Pure, It's a stronger aluminum but the dovetail is still the standard aluminum, and if you drop the bow hard that's the part that's most likely going to be impacted.
Do you still have sight for sale?
I tried to post in the classified section but I just joined the forum and it will not let me yet.

Back