Bobcat box traps

Those look nice! I really liked using boxes in places I’d have issues with freezing with a lot of snow and wind.

We can’t use kill traps on dry land, or body gripping traps. No footholds, no long springs, we’re pretty much limited to live cages.

Those look great. I'm looking to build expand my bobcat setups for next year, and I may be bugging you for dimensions if you don't mind.

cnelk

WKR
Hang a feather above the trap for a visual attractant for the cats. They will see the movement from afar and come to investigate

OP
go_deep

go_deep

WKR
Hang a feather above the trap for a visual attractant for the cats. They will see the movement from afar and come to investigate

Yep, have peacock feathers along with strips of glitter ribbons hot glued to them hanging on braided fishing line with swivels so they spin around.
Going to try a CD on one or two next year.

@BackcountryIdaho feel free to hit me up after March 1st when the cubbies are back home and I'd be happy to give you any info and better pictures if you want

tuffcity

WKR
If you have cats investigating but not committing try elevating the boxes a bit- like a foot off the ground. Found that helps with fussy lynx sometimes. Also, if snares are allowed, put a couple around the back and sides of the boxes.