Suppressor tips?

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my AB Raptor 8 two weeks ago. Excellent sound reduction on an 18" 6.5 Creedmoor and a 20" 223. Hearing safe for sure but not much recoil reduction.

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Have you shot with the reflex?

Yes, it does change the tone. According to their tests it decreases the volume by about 2 decibels. I got the bull barrel reflex but I think the sporter version would be a touch better.

I love it overall and am going to buy a 6 stack for my lightweight rifle.

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
This is great to know. Have you noticed more recoil than other suppressors? I’m curious how it compares.

This is my first suppressor so I can't say. If wanting substantial recoil reduction you may want to research other options.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
what he said,
i'm in CO, just got 7" Thunderbeast Ultra as well. .
get that THREADED rifle/barrel now, isn't there some new bill that may pass making Threaded barrel as NO GO in the future, something like that.

i used SIlencer Central and was very happy with the process, they'll walk you through everything from the comfort of your home and it'll ship directly to your house once approved. *(just like everyone else: i wish i had done it years earlier) my wait was 8-9 month, but that was during the peak in last 2 years where wait times were super long. i think right now it'll go much quicker, you may even be able to get it in time for this season
As I understand it, the ban is on automatic/semi automatic rifles, not bolt action. Allegedly features like a vertical grip, threaded barrel etc will be acceptable on bolt action rifles. That being said, I have 0% confidence that the legislation will stop at semi-auto guns and would go ahead and just buy all your threaded barrels now, and thread the ones you already have

Bluefish

WKR
As I understand it, the ban is on automatic/semi automatic rifles, not bolt action. Allegedly features like a vertical grip, threaded barrel etc will be acceptable on bolt action rifles. That being said, I have 0% confidence that the legislation will stop at semi-auto guns and would go ahead and just buy all your threaded barrels now, and thread the ones you already have
No way they can enforce a ban on threaded barrels if there is any sort of grandfather clause. They are not serialized or dated and can be threaded without being recorded in a ffl log book. Absolutely no way for law enforcement to easily prove when a barrel was threaded or purchased.
The only way to make it work is to ban all threaded barrels. I see a lot of civil disobedience if that happens.

lak2004

WKR
No way they can enforce a ban on threaded barrels if there is any sort of grandfather clause. They are not serialized or dated and can be threaded without being recorded in a ffl log book. Absolutely no way for law enforcement to easily prove when a barrel was threaded or purchased.
The only way to make it work is to ban all threaded barrels. I see a lot of civil disobedience if that happens.
CO has officially gone into the toilet with some of the newly proposed and passed legislation. It's insane what is happening in this state. I'm planning my exit strategy, but it's hard with established family life.

Bluefish

WKR
CO has officially gone into the toilet with some of the newly proposed and passed legislation. It's insane what is happening in this state. I'm planning my exit strategy, but it's hard with established family life.
It started going down hill with the 2013 mag ban and background checks. It’s just getting worse now. Glad I left when home values were crazy.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
‘Peaceful noncompliance’ 😆