Bobcat in our laps - Video

Wapiti365

FNG
Here is some footage of a bobcat we called in back in November while hunting yotes. The bob season don't open until December 1st here is Oregon, so we had to let him walk. Needless to say, it was one of the coolest encounters I've ever had calling critters!
[video=youtube;cfhK5HPFkdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfhK5HPFkdA&list=TL4OpnXSt5l2t2TItK7i1tv6WBW1_hi2bd[/video]

Thanks guys! We were incredibly fortunate to get the camera rolling! Crazy thing about the whole deal was the fact that were probably 300 or so yards from a fairly busy highway in a pretty good calling spot for dogs. When I looked up and seen him coming in, I couldn't believe my eyes!

That was AWESOME!! I kept waiting for one of you two to jump towards him to see how high he'd jump.:D

When he started backing away it almost looked like he wanted to say........"Uhhh.....this can't be good".

That was AWESOME!! I kept waiting for one of you two to jump towards him to see how high he'd jump.:D

When he started backing away it almost looked like he wanted to say........"Uhhh.....this can't be good".

I asked the camera man after the fact, "Mike. If that cat would've jumped in the middle of Shad, you'd have kept rolling, right?" He said, "Hell yeah I would've! It would've been our claim to fame!
That thing stayed with in 20 yards of us for almost 9 minutes...I don't know if he was retarded or if the Harrison Call just had him convinced we were big ol' jackrabbits!

Thats cool ! Even cooler that you had a camera rolling . I had one that close when I was hunting deer . The big Tom I had near me was deep in the Aucilla river swamp and stepped out of a palmetto head just four or five feet from my feet. My heart was racing.

Btw , how much do furs sell for ? Not much fur trading down here in Florida.

"Btw , how much do furs sell for ? Not much fur trading down here in Florida."

From that area of Oregon an extra large cat in good condition (prime and no bullet holes) would go for 500-1200 depending on what the belly fur looks like. The one in the video looked like an XL and it had a good belly based on what little was visible. If it was a female and had raised a litter this season then it would be what is called "titty bellied" and be almost worthless.

awesome, shows camo is not nearly as important as no movment, thats an amazing encounter. all the years i have hunted eastern oregon ive only spotted one.

That is unreal! I am not sure how I would have handled that thing starring at me like that. I wonder what made it stand there and not run the moment it saw you?

Back