Boots That Don't

Come apart at the seems.
Are there boots less prone to it than others.
Both Thors and Colorados have done it pretty quickly to me.
Maybe I'm on my toes to much and need to go with a less stiff option?
Is a full leather upper the way to go?

20230827_171027.jpg20230827_171038.jpg

nobody

WKR
I never had that issue with my Thor’s, wore them for 4 years as my go-to. It almost looks more like your feet are too wide for your boots based upon where the split is happening?

yfarm

WKR
Design of the shoe, have had multiple prs of North Face Ultras (trail shoe) where the rubber toe bumper wears thru the nylon upper where you bend the toe At about the same location. Designer failed to account for the toe flex and material used.

OP
M
Crispi's warranty says less than a year old and retaining 25% of tread life they will warranty.
These are over a year but still probably 75% tread life remaining.
I do not have wide feet.
Like the boots but think I exceeded their capabilities with a high percentage of use being off trail with lots of vertical.

BDRam16

WKR
I have plenty of days across multiple states in my Thors and never had that issue. It’s also very strange that you have two different boots doing the exact same thing. Based on the wear spot it almost looks like when you walk you maybe roll your foot; like you land on your heel and roll your foot to your toes and then lift your heel again if that makes sense. That would put a lot more flex in that area that it’s probably designed for. Just a thought.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Frustrating no doubt but if they fit your feet great I'd just glue them back on with some free sole and keep on rucking.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
4b8ca703c1b1abb1e89af6538c0e31cd.jpg

OP
M
I have plenty of days across multiple states in my Thors and never had that issue. It’s also very strange that you have two different boots doing the exact same thing. Based on the wear spot it almost looks like when you walk you maybe roll your foot; like you land on your heel and roll your foot to your toes and then lift your heel again if that makes sense. That would put a lot more flex in that area that it’s probably designed for. Just a thought.
I don't know if I am coming up on my toes more than average?
My heel definitely hits first but think that's pretty normal.
I'm 180 lbs and have run enough to have a fairly efficient stride. -you don't pay for college by running without being at least somewhat ok on your feet.

BDRam16

WKR
I don't know if I am coming up on my toes more than average?
My heel definitely hits first but think that's pretty normal.
I'm 180 lbs and have run enough to have a fairly efficient stride. -you don't pay for college by running without being at least somewhat ok on your feet.
Ya it’s weird. No clue man. It’s just strange that I’ve seen so many posts with Crispi boots and never a mention of that issue and you have it on two boots in the same exact spot.

I find it normal for any boot with a rubber lower that is sewn to a leather top/side to tear at the seams. This is why I don't use Lowas anymore, they're mostly made of a ton of segments of leather and have a rubber toe cap, and the threads fail, especailly if you kneel a lot (bending the toe box portion of the boot). My last pair of Lowas I could drop a gravel stone through to my foot.

OP
M
I find it normal for any boot with a rubber lower that is sewn to a leather top/side to tear at the seams. This is why I don't use Lowas anymore, they're mostly made of a ton of segments of leather and have a rubber toe cap, and the threads fail, especailly if you kneel a lot (bending the toe box portion of the boot). My last pair of Lowas I could drop a gravel stone through to my foot.
Can I ask what you are using now?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Frustrating no doubt but if they fit your feet great I'd just glue them back on with some free sole and keep on rucking.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
4b8ca703c1b1abb1e89af6538c0e31cd.jpg
Yep this right here. Once I find a pair of boots that get along with my feet I’d much rather go with repairing them rather than starting the process of finding a new boot that works all over again.

Jimss

WKR
I have 4 pairs of Crispis and none of them have fallen apart yet...knock on wood. I'm curious if you were in a lot of wet snow, rain, water? I've had that happen with other companies boots when they got wet.

Yep leather with 0 seams will outlast synthetics but they are usually pretty heavy. If possible, pick a boot model that has the fewest seams.