Bot Pot

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
No but I am intrigued. We don't carry water bottles in the summer time, but do sometimes use them in sub freezing temps...

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Used one all year it's a sweet setup the small fuel cans fit inside it along with my stove and lighter. Put the lid on and it's a self contained cook system. Will snap some photos if you want Ryan.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I went with the stainless version 40$ makes it much more reasonable.

PJG

WKR
I have used one, not too sure I am sold on it. I have the Ti version and yes its light weight. But, IMO their are many cons to this pot. If you are used to using a pot that has fins (i.e. jetboil) then you will find that you have a far longer boil time. My Primus pot with fins will boil two cups in like a 1:30 or somewhere their abouts. With this pot using the same stove it takes close to five minutes, this is with a Primus Omnilite running white gas. Funny thing is is that's pretty close to what an alcohol burner (Trangia) will boil the same amount in. Also, the threads on the lid are a pain in the ass, the lid sometimes gets hung up when trying to take it off, its easy to cross thread it. When this happens you feel like throwing it out the window. I find I am using more as a storage container and less as a cup or pot.

I personally think that it would be the perfect ultralight setup, but then you would have also go to a ultralight stove setup. My stove setup is not ultralight and I do not plan changing my stove setup. If you would like to try one PM your address and I will send you mine to try out.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
agreed with PJG the boil time is a bit longer. But the duel use for me makes up for another minute on the stove. Also the size is really nice and being able to use what water I need and save the rest for later with a resealable lid is pretty nice. I bet the Ti version is a faster boil then the stainless even. Im happy with it but then Im not real picky here.

Ray

WKR
That is cheaper than other Ti wide mouth screw lid pots/bottles.

I have been wanting to create a self contained emergency kit that uses a pot like this. The Kleen Canteen wide mouth bottles I have seen here are all insulated an not good for setting into a fire to boil or cook with. Other pots don't have a lid that stays put.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
This would be it I can take some pictures tonight and post them so you guys can kind of get an idea what it looks like. And you can make an educated buying decision. ;)

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Also I should add if you jump in with this. Dont waste your money on the vargo pot holder. REI has the aluminum version of the pot holder for like 4 bucks. You will need a pot holder for this setup to grab the pot and lid off the fire or your stove. the REI pot holder works just as well and weighs like 1.2 ounces for you guys who are worried about weight.

http://www.rei.com/product/401100/open-country-aluminum-pot-lifter

Weekender

WKR
Does anybody make a cozy to fit the Botpot?

Not sure but I used Halulite Minimalist this year for a cup as my hunting partner brought his Jetboil and was pretty happy with it. I never used it for cooking but it stored extra fuel and my coffee :)

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
No cozy but it fits perfectly in a Condor 32 ounce water bottle pouch.

I keep my Vargo Ti Cup in this also fits on top and lid to condor closes no issue

The front pouch on the condor holds the utensiles and pot holder

Unscrew the lid it has the stove, lighter, fuel, and a hotpad to keep things from rattling and also this helps to keep the fuel bottle from scratching the pot up

Here are all the contents from inside the pot

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
For a lid when stove is running and heating water you turn the lid over and it sits right on top. Rubber gasket is heat resistant and doesnt melt.

Pot holder on the pot

and on the Lid

My Vargo Ti Cup

And for reference of size next to a 32 ounce Nalgene Bottle.