Bowtech Assassin

As someone who had always upgraded my archery tackle every year or two, I have been stuck on my Bowtech Assassin since i purchased it 5 years ago. I originally bought the bow because it seemed like a high quality bow for low price, perfect backup bow in my opinion so I got it to compliment my Mathews Drenalin. I planned the following year to replace my Drenalin with Mathews newest offering at the time, the Creed. I passed because I couldn't justify the expenditure for little to no upgrade over my Assassin. There have been some awesome bows released since i got my Assassin however I cant justify them to be that much better than the silky smooth draw cycle at 30" ATA, 3.8lbs, 333fps and a whisper quiet shot that my $600 Assassin delivers. After this many years and some really catchy bows on the market this year, I may get a new addition to the family but I cant help but praise how impressed I have been. Has anyone else had this impression of the Assassin? IMO, the biggest sleeper bow in recent memory.

Still have mine serving as a backup - its great for the money invested. But when shooting along side of my new Prime Centergy it's clearly not in the same class. It is light and fast though!

Still have mine serving as a backup - its great for the money invested. But when shooting along side of my new Prime Centergy it's clearly not in the same class. It is light and fast though!

I am starting to hear more and more of the Prime Bows but myself have not handled or shot one yet, primarily due to the fact there are no dealers in close proximity to me. Sounds like I will have to handle one before making my decision this coming year

Back