Broke down and bought a grinder.

mi650

WKR
For an average of 3 deer a year, I couldn't justify the extra $$$ for the LEM I wanted. There was a #8 MYM dual grind on sale for BF that I came close to buying. Waited too long, then hoping it would be on sale again after Christmas, but no joy.

Got an STX Turboforce II Platinum 4000 #12, came with all kinds of goodies including a pedal. Used it for the 1st time today on a big doe I shot last week. Up until now, we've used our 2 Kitchenaids, 1 for coarse, the other for fine. They got the job done, but this STX is so much faster! Only did 1 grind with the small plate, went thru 20+ lbs. in about 12-15 minutes. I was grinding while my wife bagged and sealed it. Even with bags made up ahead of time, she couldn't keep up. I think it's supposed to do 4 lbs. per minute, I wasn't feeding it fast enough though.

Only have 2 complaints: 1, the aluminum parts are not dishwasher safe, and 2, it's LOUD!! We wore muffs so it wasn't an issue.

Love my Stx I understand the noise but I also think it’s great. Wash right after use and I haven’t had problems with aluminum

OP
mi650

mi650

WKR
We had the parts washed right away, but also started a load in the dishwasher at the same time. Not a huge deal, just would have been more convenient to throw them in with everything else.

Hey guys 1st post here. I did the same, broke down and bought a grinder. I live pretty close to a Bass Pro so I checked out the Carnivore series and bought one. They were on sale and they stock all the extra grinding plates and acc. I bought the 3/4 hp #12 I believe, man that thing is a beast! All the grinding pieces are SS so in the dishwasher it goes! lol. I made about 30 lbs of brisket venison burger on the first run. I tell you I could not bog it down! If it fit in the hole, it ground it up without changing rpm's. Coulda bought the smaller one and been happy, but bigger is better right?

Hey guys 1st post here. I did the same, broke down and bought a grinder. I live pretty close to a Bass Pro so I checked out the Carnivore series and bought one. They were on sale and they stock all the extra grinding plates and acc. I bought the 3/4 hp #12 I believe, man that thing is a beast! All the grinding pieces are SS so in the dishwasher it goes! lol. I made about 30 lbs of brisket venison burger on the first run. I tell you I could not bog it down! If it fit in the hole, it ground it up without changing rpm's. Coulda bought the smaller one and been happy, but bigger is better right?
Yes bigger is better in my opinion.

BLJ

WKR
For an average of 3 deer a year, I couldn't justify the extra $$$ for the LEM I wanted. There was a #8 MYM dual grind on sale for BF that I came close to buying. Waited too long, then hoping it would be on sale again after Christmas, but no joy.

Got an STX Turboforce II Platinum 4000 #12, came with all kinds of goodies including a pedal. Used it for the 1st time today on a big doe I shot last week. Up until now, we've used our 2 Kitchenaids, 1 for coarse, the other for fine. They got the job done, but this STX is so much faster! Only did 1 grind with the small plate, went thru 20+ lbs. in about 12-15 minutes. I was grinding while my wife bagged and sealed it. Even with bags made up ahead of time, she couldn't keep up. I think it's supposed to do 4 lbs. per minute, I wasn't feeding it fast enough though.

Only have 2 complaints: 1, the aluminum parts are not dishwasher safe, and 2, it's LOUD!! We wore muffs so it wasn't an issue.
I got the same one for Christmas.

Ear muffs, huh? Pretty loud?

packer58

WKR
Iv'e had one of the STX models for a few years now and no complaints at all other than ........ It is loud for sure ..

JrCaps

FNG
Most grinders have aluminum worms and dies/blades. At least all the commercial Hobarts, Biro and Hollymatics I've used. Run the parts through a dish washer on high heat, and hand dry once done and rub them with mineral oil.