BTX Impact on Glassing Systems

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
Optics systems are frequently debated. Up until recently, the questions every person has had to answer for themselves:
-Which bino configuration?
-One bino or two?
-Spotter or big bino?

I have adapted the system laid out in Robby's book and related article below, which is a 3 optic system.

My thinking since the BTX came out is just do an 8x42 and the BTX. You get the usability of an 8x, and (I assume) comfortable long-range glassing with the BTX. Anybody with experience using the BTX let me know what you think.

Thanks

hunterjmj

WKR
Interested as well even though they are so out of my price range. I run 10's and spotting scope. I could sell my wife's car and buy the BTX. 🤔

coues32

WKR
85 mm btx w/1.7 me
12x50 els
Is all I use, have a kowa 601 mm spotter if don't need the btx but rarely leave btx home.

BIGEYES

FNG
coues32, Is there any difference in brightness between the BTX and the regular ATX/STX eyepiece?
Thanks

Hi Russ,

This is the exact combo I will be using most of this upcoming season.

I am using the 8x EL Range and BTX.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

We also have a bunch of Optics Experts on this forum and I am sure they would all love to help you.

Kalani

My thinking since the BTX came out is just do an 8x42 and the BTX. You get the usability of an 8x, and (I assume) comfortable long-range glassing with the BTX. Anybody with experience using the BTX let me know what you think.

Thanks