Bugle Report

My buddy lives next to an elk farm in Tennessee, he's heard more than I have lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NW Colorado no bugles, saw a bachelor group of young bulls and one big guy with a dozen cows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did not hear a darn thing from scouting on friday and hunting saturday and sunday. In elk for two saturday and sunday. Deer Lodge MT area

Past couple days they have been pretty vocal in SW Colorado. Bugling for a good while in the morning. Till 10 or 11. Evening they seem to be starting late. Around sunset. Headed back home in the morning.

Haven’t personally heard any in North Idaho. Buddies that are out up high are reporting a couple bulls firing off around dark. Buddy in MT had a big bull come bugling in though last weekend apparently!

I didn't here any bugles in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming.. We saw a big bachelor group of bulls from spikes to six points..

I was in various parts of the Ruby's in Montana Friday through this morning - no bugles. A friend was in the Snowcrests and reported sparse bugles, but no responses to hunter bugles. The big hole was quiet, a few chuckles were heard, but no bugles - a bull that came in quiet was taken.

Past couple days they have been pretty vocal in SW Colorado. Bugling for a good while in the morning. Till 10 or 11. Evening they seem to be starting late. Around sunset. Headed back home in the morning.

What elevation were you?

Southwestern Oregon - I've heard only a few bugles after sundown but nothing during the days. Cows are by themselves.

Sw Oregon area. My hunting partner killed his bull opening weekend and it was bugling. Yesterday called a bull into 6 yards. He bugled a bit earlier in the day but came in silent, other than raking, once we set up on him. That's the only bugling we have heard so far.

Gila update. They’re talking more at first and last light. I killed a bull out of a herd of about 40 that had multiple bulls in it that screamed for an hour as I was quartering my bull right at and after dark.

90% of the herds I saw had mature bulls with them

Gila update. They’re talking more at first and last light. I killed a bull out of a herd of about 40 that had multiple bulls in it that screamed for an hour as I was quartering my bull right at and after dark.

90% of the herds I saw had mature bulls with them

Any pics?

Central Idaho over labor day weekend was quiet. Didn't hear a single bugle. Was out all night getting a bull out (spot and stalk) and didn't hear a peep.

South central CO 10-11k. Had a bull bugling and chuckling all night, first thing this morning had a bull responding to our bugles

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Got into a large group of elk on wrong side of the border here in Idaho. Bulls were sparing and a few bugles as they filtered into the trees. 73 in one group then a bachelor group of 8. Looks like it's about to get exciting!
5fad76af4c62fe142b713435fd076f80.jpg
38c370d0a4fdba9ff3d1ed6ff0cbb57f.jpg
c8926c99dbab73aafeb5dd21c1a85b13.jpg
3581dd5d3a9a6f16fb3fd080eca098ae.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back