Bull “Gluck” call

Sounds like this is a very social non threatening early season vocalization and all together different from bull grunt I’m familiar with.

Anybody have a recording of this early season call?

AllDayAT

FNG
Let me know if you can't find the sound. One thing I've read is that the sound is a unique sound a bull uses just when a cow is ready to be bred. Knowing this, it could be useful to try if you've used cow calls / bugling together....not sure how effective it would be to use just after bugling (if the bull doesn't know cows are in the area)

OP
P
Let me know if you can't find the sound. One thing I've read is that the sound is a unique sound a bull uses just when a cow is ready to be bred. Knowing this, it could be useful to try if you've used cow calls / bugling together....not sure how effective it would be to use just after bugling (if the bull doesn't know cows are in the area)
10-4.

It was my understanding that the “Gluck” was a pre rut vocalization used between bulls to simply to alert presence during velvet shed. Not a call that would bring one to you, but one That might get a response an alert you to presence of a bull.

AllDayAT

FNG
10-4.

It was my understanding that the “Gluck” was a pre rut vocalization used between bulls to simply to alert presence during velvet shed. Not a call that would bring one to you, but one That might get a response an alert you to presence of a bull.
We may be talking past each other. I read “Gluck” and assumed you meant “Glunk”. I’d that’s what you meant, all research I can see points to a bull glunking at his cows.

As I understand it, the glunking sound is actually the bull’s tongue “tasting” a smell in the air put off by a cow which is coming into estrous.

OP
P
Think I may have over complicated things. Is this “gluck” The same thing as a grunt , Just a different name? Like the video below. Video requires a bunch of volume.

OP
P
Just grunt or cow call, they will answer.
I’ll be in early.

Was familiar with grunt. Based off a couple things I read I Thought this Gluck thing might have been something different (an even earlier season vocalization) than grunt.

If one and the same then never mind.

AkRyan

WKR
The sound your refering to is very hard to mimic. Kinda goes errgluk, it's not loud at all and from my exp they only use it when they are very close to a cow or another bull and they think your the cow. I've had them 5ft away doing it on multiple occasions. Find the old YouTube video of the guy shooting a moose with his bow at point blank. He and his buddy are behind a tree or bush and the bull is right on top of them.