Burris Veracity Precision Hunter (PH) reviews?

dtm

FNG
Looking for any reviews on the new Burris Veracity PH scope with fancy electronic bullet drop compensation built in. Seems like I can't find much on YouTube or any forum. I would like to know the quality of the glass especially in low light environments.

Trying to decide between that and a Bushnell Match Pro ED on a new Sig Cross 308 hunting rifle.

Thanks!

Bghntr416

FNG
I have not found any reviews to speak of either and also am interested. Might have to purchase one and find out.

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider
Just watched a video on YouTube by backfire. Looks like a great idea and I was coming on here searching for personal reviews and feedback as well.

Backstrap

FNG
I found several online after seeing probably the same Backfire video as acmckeage03 did.

Weldor

WKR
Not much out there yet. Only draw back for me is the weight of it. I like the idea of it but can't see myself putting it on my 5.4 lb rifle.

Profiler

Lil-Rokslider
I got one on a 6.5cm Springfield waypoint. zero at 100, got some analytics from by handloads on FPS, entered into the app and uploaded. Dialed to 200, bang....Dialed to 300 bang, Dialed to 600 but didn't account for windage, still hit 10 ring. I'm impressed.

However, I do understand some state have outlawed any type of electronic scope like the PH or Eliminator. I'm lucky in MS just about anything goes.

Jbehredt

WKR
I got one on a 6.5cm Springfield waypoint. zero at 100, got some analytics from by handloads on FPS, entered into the app and uploaded. Dialed to 200, bang....Dialed to 300 bang, Dialed to 600 but didn't account for windage, still hit 10 ring. I'm impressed.

However, I do understand some state have outlawed any type of electronic scope like the PH or Eliminator. I'm lucky in MS just about anything goes.
Exact combination I’m drooling over.

Looking for any reviews on the new Burris Veracity PH scope with fancy electronic bullet drop compensation built in. Seems like I can't find much on YouTube or any forum. I would like to know the quality of the glass especially in low light environments.

Trying to decide between that and a Bushnell Match Pro ED on a new Sig Cross 308 hunting rifle.

Thanks!
There are a few good reviews on YouTube. I just picked one up today, pretty stoked about it. Hopefully I'll have it mounted and ready to go this weekend.

Bghntr416

FNG
The reviews aren't really reviews. They are just telling you about the scope. I would love to know how the glass stacks up against similarly priced scopes.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
So hands on experience with the varasity PH I actually have. I have mounted it on an LMT ar10 a custom built ar15 .223 a modified ruger american ranch .223 a ruger model .01 in 270 weatherby mag a savage 111 .243 heavy bore .338 winmag custom and a ruger model 77 22lr. In my personal opinion it is a fantastic scope with great light transmission I had no issues with the scope in twilight hours being able to scope across ridges and make out targets as well as a few deer that started moving. As said a few states have ban the use of electronic scopes like this one but all you have to do is remove the battery. Where this scope shines to me even with that point is dope collection zero the rifle dial your distance and fire if your happy with the result write down on a notecards your adjustment on the turret and continue on. Washington and Idaho to my knowledge I may be wrong both dont allow the electronic for hunting but you have all the ability to go collect the dope with this scope in less time and rounds down range then use that knowledge gained to create dope cards for your hunting times. Personally I really dont find it to be a burden or awkward at all to carry on any of the rifles or setups I've tried and I live on top of a mountain attached to thousands of acres of state land that I carry and hike through more frequently than most. Personal opinion after looking at it and the burris signiture hd 5-25 is I dont think you could go wrong with either glass is pretty even my friend has the signiture and we did a tracking test with them both and both were pretty spot on return over a box test done 10 times. It will probably be my go to hunting scope for any new builds I do as well as make it's way onto all of my new rifles for dope collection. I just wish I could afford more of them lol

Great review Wildhorse and some good points on using it to create a Dope Card. I was looking at them and Scheels had them with a $100 gift card and was looking at them and let time slip away without buying when I was in Colorado muzzleloader hunting. Went back to purchase and the gift card deal had expired. Maybe they will offer another deal after hunting season.

I have one mounted on my 7prc. I can tell you it doesn't seem to like the cold. I just completed a Montana hunt with my son. First Elk was my sons and he used my gun with the Burris Veracity PH the digital display would not turn on. Thankfully we had the dop so we just dialed manually and dropped our Elk. Next day I purchased new batteries and all was working in the hotel room. Back out to the woods for my Elk. Same thing happens. Electronic display would not turn on and for the 2nd time we used the dop chart to dial.
While my son and I were both able to fill our Elk tags it is frustrating that the scope does not seem to like temps below 36 degrees. Oddly after leaving the gun in the hotel room over night it tuned on the next morning.

I just got back to town and will be contacting Burris.

*** Only other thing which is unlikely is that I had a bad set of batteries and bought a bad replacement set. I am going to do a test by replacing the batteries and putting the scope in the freezer for a few hours to see what happens.

I have one mounted on my 7prc. I can tell you it doesn't seem to like the cold. I just completed a Montana hunt with my son. First Elk was my sons and he used my gun with the Burris Veracity PH the digital display would not turn on. Thankfully we had the dop so we just dialed manually and dropped our Elk. Next day I purchased new batteries and all was working in the hotel room. Back out to the woods for my Elk. Same thing happens. Electronic display would not turn on and for the 2nd time we used the dop chart to dial.
While my son and I were both able to fill our Elk tags it is frustrating that the scope does not seem to like temps below 36 degrees. Oddly after leaving the gun in the hotel room over night it tuned on the next morning.

*** Only other thing which is unlikely is that I had a bad set of batteries and bought a bad replacement set. I am going to do a test by replacing the batteries and putting the scope in the freezer for a few hours to see what happens.

Really interesting. I just got back from an elk hunt here in Colorado and didn't have any issues. Several morning were in single digits, and one day we got 30 mph winds and snow, I didn't have any issues with the display. I actually would turn it on and check every couple of hours to make sure it was good and the batteries hadn't died, and I had a full battery at the end of the week. I've heard some people have had battery issues. I think contacting Burris is a good option. You'll have to let us know what they say.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider

I've also not had this issue but heard of it I've had mine in single digits and even this fall have had it on a rifle that's been outside for a full 10 days all in the teens and lower with highs in the 20s and no issues with it or the battery at all give them a call

4th_point

WKR

Energizers, by chance? It seems like that brand can have issues in the cold, for certain sizes.