Burris Veracity Precision Hunter (PH) reviews?

I have one mounted on my 7prc. I can tell you it doesn't seem to like the cold. I just completed a Montana hunt with my son. First Elk was my sons and he used my gun with the Burris Veracity PH the digital display would not turn on. Thankfully we had the dop so we just dialed manually and dropped our Elk. Next day I purchased new batteries and all was working in the hotel room. Back out to the woods for my Elk. Same thing happens. Electronic display would not turn on and for the 2nd time we used the dop chart to dial.
While my son and I were both able to fill our Elk tags it is frustrating that the scope does not seem to like temps below 36 degrees. Oddly after leaving the gun in the hotel room over night it tuned on the next morning.

I just got back to town and will be contacting Burris.

*** Only other thing which is unlikely is that I had a bad set of batteries and bought a bad replacement set. I am going to do a test by replacing the batteries and putting the scope in the freezer for a few hours to see what happens.

What did Burris have to say? Have you done your freezer test? If so, what were the results?

I have had issues with energizer 2032 batteries. Don’t even have to use the optic for them to go dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any other reviews on this scope? It solves a problem that I encountered dialing in the field.

One time I had 5 minutes left of legal light and had a group of deer pop into the field to feed 350 yards out. I had my 308 with a Zeiss Conquest V4 and needed to dial. The light in the was dim enough I had to pull the rifle back into the blind to get it close enough I could read the numbers and dial. It was a cluster. I always thought someone needs to come up with a lit up turret. Well with this scope it’s absolutely unnecessary. I think this is an awesome concept as long as it’s reliable.

My concern is the electronics will work for a couple years and crap out. At that point you have a click less turret scope. Otherwise, pretty awesome.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
If the electronics ever go out that burris forever warranty is pretty awesome not that I see an issue with electronics for the first at least 10 years. If I have issues after this year I'll let you know but so far it's been flawless for me.

If the electronics ever go out that burris forever warranty is pretty awesome not that I see an issue with electronics for the first at least 10 years. If I have issues after this year I'll let you know but so far it's been flawless for me.

How clear is the glass and hows that reticle at last light on 4x?

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
The glass is amazingly clear I would rate it as the same as the signature series and better than just about anything else I've seen of the price tag I have a Steiner m5xi and a t6xi and I would say the glass is just as good as the m5 it spends a large majority of it's time at the lower powers and compared to the vortex scopes my buddies had out along with the glx scopes it was fantastic as the light went down the only scope any of us could agree was much better in the lower light was the t6xi and to be honest we were looking at different targets in varying ranges and positions from in brush against rocks on top of a ridge edge of a tree line and all over well after when anyone should really be making a shot on an animal at. If I was to buy another one I would probably go with the 2.5-12 version simply because I do spend a lot more time at those lower magnification ranges and adding the field of view would be a great compromise the 3-15 is probably another fantastic option I dont think you could go wrong the inside the tube HUD takes a little getting used to at first because it does kinda sorta not really cut off some view it's just an allusion of it but very quickly it becomes fantastic to use. The alumination is very good and not over powering in those twilight moments and honestly the t6xi is the only scope out there that I preferred as well as others that scope is just awesome. I dont think you could go wrong with a varasity ph by any means.

The glass is amazingly clear I would rate it as the same as the signature series and better than just about anything else I've seen of the price tag I have a Steiner m5xi and a t6xi and I would say the glass is just as good as the m5 it spends a large majority of it's time at the lower powers and compared to the vortex scopes my buddies had out along with the glx scopes it was fantastic as the light went down the only scope any of us could agree was much better in the lower light was the t6xi and to be honest we were looking at different targets in varying ranges and positions from in brush against rocks on top of a ridge edge of a tree line and all over well after when anyone should really be making a shot on an animal at. If I was to buy another one I would probably go with the 2.5-12 version simply because I do spend a lot more time at those lower magnification ranges and adding the field of view would be a great compromise the 3-15 is probably another fantastic option I dont think you could go wrong the inside the tube HUD takes a little getting used to at first because it does kinda sorta not really cut off some view it's just an allusion of it but very quickly it becomes fantastic to use. The alumination is very good and not over powering in those twilight moments and honestly the t6xi is the only scope out there that I preferred as well as others that scope is just awesome. I dont think you could go wrong with a varasity ph by any means.

My main concern is the non illuminated reticle at 4x right at last light. They just came out with illuminated reticles with ED glass that are $1200 so considerably more expensive.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
We compared all of them with the illumination off and just adjusting the HUD down kept the reticle clean and clear for us like I said it was very nice to look through and we were definitely using it at times that I personally would not shoot an animal at and it gathered light very well so comparing it to other non illuminated scopes I'd say it was very clear and usable would the illumination feature be worth the now close to 500 dollar price difference I honestly dont think so. I've used that scope to shoot targets well into the evening hours and felt comfortable with it i would not say I could shoot either of the steiner's my friends signiture or any of the vortexes out there for much if any longer of a period of time as the sun was already gone. If there is a difference your probably looking at under a couple minutes across the entire range of the scopes out there illuminated or not.

We compared all of them with the illumination off and just adjusting the HUD down kept the reticle clean and clear for us like I said it was very nice to look through and we were definitely using it at times that I personally would not shoot an animal at and it gathered light very well so comparing it to other non illuminated scopes I'd say it was very clear and usable would the illumination feature be worth the now close to 500 dollar price difference I honestly dont think so. I've used that scope to shoot targets well into the evening hours and felt comfortable with it i would not say I could shoot either of the steiner's my friends signiture or any of the vortexes out there for much if any longer of a period of time as the sun was already gone. If there is a difference your probably looking at under a couple minutes across the entire range of the scopes out there illuminated or not.

Thanks great review. Yeah the illuminated reticle is nice and the new scopit’s slightly shorter but they are at a premium price.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah at that price I honestly would save a couple hundred more and get a t6xi

I like the ballistic reticle of that Veracity PH. The hash marks match up pretty close with the DOPE of my 6.5 CM.

WisciMike

FNG
I run the 4-20 PH (2023 model, non-illuminated reticle) on a 7prc (weatherby 307 range xp)...

I chose this scope for a couple reasons:

1. Speed. Sometimes things happen fast. Take a range and dial the number, it's that easy. Not having to pull out of the glass to make adjustments is very nice if you are hunting with friend who is calling range for you.
2. 4-20. Its a great magnification range for hunting. the 4x field of view is plenty wide and 20x is enough for my ethical range.
3. reticle. My one concern was and is the reticle thickness at 4x. The "progressively thick reticle" helps with this concern to some extent, it seems intuitive when I'm in the glass. my historical reference is second focal plane scopes in 3-9, 4-12 configs so that fine reticle at low magnification compared to my other scopes just takes some getting used to. The most likely scenario of a 4x shot is if I stumbled into something unexpected it had to happen right now. Some of this is more FFP vs SFP debate than a review of this unit. My one shot on an animal was around 290yds and was set to 14x. I would say the reticle thickness gets very comfortable starting at 6-7x for me.

I run the wind setting at 10MPH at 9:00 which gives me a known quantity for wind hold in HUD as you dial. Its a great starting point and the reticle gives you the reference marks needed to hold accurately.

I have the data for the reticle and the dial in written format if the electronics go down.

4. Glass. Im not sure how to quantify this. I think its great for the price point and user interface. No issues with eyebox or low light transmission for me.

The application interface is pretty clean and easy, just follow the instructions. 7prc is not in the library yet (as of 4.11.24) but the projectiles are and you can easily input your actual data. With all the hornady loads running slower than advertised I was able to prove out my 2850 (ish) avg on a 175eldx out to 560 yds. The elevation held true, i was within margin of error for every hundred yd increment I shot from 200, 300, 400, 500. I plan to push further but haven't had time of late.

The digital level is something I want to verify and may add a bubble level as a second point of reference. For those wondering, there is a digit level in the HUD and a process to "zero" the level in the app. I say this because of how the HUD level responds to movement. This is one of those deals where i am still getting comfortable with where the gun is actually level according to the HUD level versus it feeling comfortable and "looking" level while in the glass. This is something i need to work out, not the scopes "fault".

I did have a situation where the on-board level kept me from shooting, which was a good thing. We bumped a deer (likely my PB Buck) and he opened range from 400 to 500+ in heartbeat before stopping. Sounds like a lot but the deer worked up a ridge going away from us through some open country and stopped just before cresting it. I dropped the bipod legs and got settled on the deer. The bipod did not have the ability to adjust the cant of the rifle for the angle of the terrain and i had to induce a lot of torque to get level. That's no good for any shot much less a shot at that range. That quick visual reference was enough for me to scrutinize the position and the shot, and ultimately pass. had i simply used my pack versus the bipod could have been different, but hey, thats hunting. Live and learn.

Cons:

Not much to reference here. Weight... but I knew that number upon purchase. When I know its going to be stored for a period of time I do remove the batteries to prevent any sort of corrosion. That may save a coyote scooting through the back yard at range.

I referenced reticle thickness earlier, newer models have the option of illuminated reticle which would solve that concern IMO. This would not be my first optic choice for a brush gun, but more of long range instrument.

Overall, Its been on one hunt for me and performed exactly as needed. Thus far its been a great piece of equipment and I would recommend.

Last edited:
I run the 4-20 PH (2023 model, non-illuminated reticle) on a 7prc (weatherby 307 range xp)...

1. Speed. Sometimes things happen fast. Take a range and dial the number, it's that easy. Not having to pull out of the glass to make adjustments is very nice if you are hunting with friend who is calling range for you.
2. 4-20. Its a great magnification range for hunting. the 4x field of view is plenty wide and 20x is enough for my ethical range.
3. reticle. My one concern was and is the reticle thickness at 4x. The "progressively thick reticle" helps with this concern to some extent, it seems intuitive when I'm in the glass. my historical reference is second focal plane scopes in 3-9, 4-12 configs so that fine reticle at low magnification compared to my other scopes just takes some getting used to. The most likely scenario of a 4x shot is if I stumbled into something unexpected it had to happen right now. Some of this is more FFP vs SFP debate than a review of this unit. My one shot on an animal was around 290yds and was set to 14x. I would say the reticle thickness gets very comfortable starting at 6-7x for me.

I run the wind setting at 10MPH at 9:00 which gives me a known quantity for wind hold in HUD as you dial. Its a great starting point and the reticle gives you the reference marks needed to hold accurately.

I have the data for the reticle and the dial in written format if the electronics go down.

4. Glass. Im not sure how to quantify this. I think its great for the price point and user interface. No issues with eyebox or low light transmission for me.

The application interface is pretty clean and easy, just follow the instructions. 7prc is not in the library yet (as of 4.11.24) but the projectiles are and you can easily input your actual data. With all the hornady loads running slower than advertised I was able to prove out my 2850 (ish) avg on a 175eldx out to 560 yds. The elevation held true, i was within margin of error for every hundred yd increment I shot from 200, 300, 400, 500. I plan to push further but haven't had time of late.

The digital level is something I want to add a bubble level for a time just to verify. I put the gun in a rest, leveled it, and zero'd in the app. Its one of those deals where i am still getting comfortable with gun and where it feels comfortable versus being level. This is something i need to work out, not the scopes "fault".

I did have a situation where the on-board level kept me from shooting, which was a good thing. We bumped a deer (likely my PB Buck) and he opened range from 400 to 500+ in heartbeat before stopping. Sounds like a lot but the deer worked up a ridge going away from us through some open country and stopped just before cresting it. I dropped the bipod legs and got settled on the deer. The bipod did not have the ability to adjust the cant of the rifle for the angle of the terrain and i had to induce a lot of torque to get level. That's no good for any shot much less a shot at that range. That quick visual reference was enough for me to scrutinize the position and the shot, and ultimately pass. had i simply used my pack versus the bipod could have been different, but hey, thats hunting. Live and learn.

Cons:

Not much to reference here. Weight... but I knew that number upon purchase. When I know its going to be stored for a period of time I do remove the batteries to prevent any sort of corrosion. That may save a coyote scooting through the back yard at range.

I referenced reticle thickness earlier, newer models have the option of illuminated reticle which would solve that concern IMO. This would not be my first optic choice for a brush gun, but more of long range instrument.

Great review. I am going to update my profiles with a 10 mph wind value at 90 degrees. Good idea.

The digital level is something I want to add a bubble level for a time just to verify. I put the gun in a rest, leveled it, and zero'd in the app. Its one of those deals where i am still getting comfortable with gun and where it feels comfortable versus being level. This is something i need to work out, not the scopes "fault".

Cons:

One other thing you mention in your review that I have done with my 2024 3-15x44.

I put a bubble level on it because honestly, I run it with the power off most of the time. Probably won’t use the HUD feature till deer season. It works great as a basic dialer. At the range I just use my ballistic tables and dial for distance.