Buyer Beware Cabelas Montana Black Gold Sight

Chris Sloan

Lil-Rokslider
So Cabelas website has the Ascent Verdict 5 pin with pictures of the dovetail model for 199.99. It says " Shipped Direct from Manufacturer". Ordered mine to use up 100 Cabelas points. A left hand standard base sight shows up today. Shipped from Pennsylvania. Not the manufacturer. A wholesaler. Now its a time crunch, elk hunt is the 15th... Cabelas wants 48hrs for a resolution...manufacturer want me to wait on Cabelas since it was sold through wholesaler. I understand the human error, but the website has a few kew in accuracies!

elkguide

WKR
Major bummer timing wise.
MBG is a very good company so you will end up OK but it may be nerve wracking to get there.

OP
Chris Sloan

Chris Sloan

Lil-Rokslider
Good to hear, thats kinda what i figured. Mostly letting everybody know about the website being off.

elkyinzer

WKR
Cabela's has steadily been heading for the crapper ever since they went public. They lost all my hunting business and 95% of my fishing business years ago. I was so excited when we got a Cabela's location 10 years or so back, just to be able to see stuff in person but the selection is awful and most of the customer service workers are useless. They've relentlessly shoved their private-label and mainstream crap down our throats at the expense of the niche markets and product selection that built the brand in the first place.

Now I prefer to give my business to smaller privately owned companies even if it means paying a little more.

That said, supply chain issues do happen and maybe two weeks before the season is not the best time to be making significant gear changes, either.

ACC

FNG
I would return that one and order one from S&S, you would get it in a couple days there shipping is blazing fast.

Grumman

WKR
I would return that one and order one from S&S, you would get it in a couple days there shipping is blazing fast.

Same here. If S&S Archery or 1ShotGear stock something they ship quick and will treat you right. My local Cabela's is on par with Walmart in the customer service department....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
Got my MBG for S&S as well. Super quick, super great service.

Actually had to call MBG after I bought my sight. I took a tumble last winter while on my Coues hunt and cracked the plastic cover (pin illuminator, not sure what they call it). They sent me a new one, no questions asked, for free.

I'll be a MBG customer as long as they keep that service up.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
I bought mine from S&S as well- super easy.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but my bow shop told me Bowtech just acquired MBG- has anyone else heard of this?

OP
Chris Sloan

Chris Sloan

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the ideas guys. S&S doesnt stock MBG, they ship out from MBG. I found one in stock at Black Ovis. Jason and Keenan were super helpful and made sure my order shipped out the day i placed it, a friday afternoon before a holiday weekend, which was impressive! Jason at Black Gold sights did the same getting me a dovetail mount! Turns out Cabelas MBG "manufacturer", read a VENDOR, never even stocked a dovetail model!!! They also took 5 days just to get a return label to ship the wrong sight back...