Ca draw results are up

bjaegers

Lil-Rokslider
Archery Tag Deer. I now have 13 elk points maybe next year for Owens Valley Archery Bull tag.

Craig4791

WKR
Nothing..... Pretty sad draw odds even for us residents here. I could likely live here all my life and only draw a few deer tags lol.

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
When I saw this thread I decided to check their website to confirm what I already knew to be another 0'fer. Lo and behold it says I drew my ELK TAG!!!! I can't believe this- it is the Marble Mountain antlerless and I drew it with only 3 points- obviously one of the 2 randomly allocated tags! I know it's an antlerless tag but I'm still stoked as it will be my first elk tag ever. I really want this to be a backpack hunt and plan to spend all 12 days of the season in the mountains. I've been backpacking in the Marbles and Trinities every summer since I was 7 but have just been getting into backpack hunting in the last couple years. If any of you california guys have experience or knowledge about elk in this unit, especially in the wilderness areas, I'd love some input/help. I still keep telling my self it's probably just a typo!

slvrslngr

WKR
Wife and I drew G38! Late season buck hunt in X10. Will start praying for some early snow, hoping to run into one that's carrying these!

P1030300_zps8e4b86d7.jpg

boom

WKR
really. you probably needed 2 points to draw A-16 which is an archery only version of the x9a hunt.

me and a friend drew it with 2.5 ea.

we are going DEER HUNTING!!!

i now have 4 elk points and i will go for the hail mary next year. hahaha.

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Brother and I put in for A16 separately with one PP each and neither drew. Bummed out, be interested to see how many more put in this year after the results from last year in the same unit. We both have the AO tag though which is one of the best deals going in any state. Now to decide on B zone or deep into D7....?

voidecho

Lil-Rokslider
Brother and I put in for A16 separately with one PP each and neither drew. Bummed out, be interested to see how many more put in this year after the results from last year in the same unit. We both have the AO tag though which is one of the best deals going in any state. Now to decide on B zone or deep into D7....?

Yeah, boom and I were hoping another buddy would draw A16 with one point (he didn't). It's only taken one pt the last six years (not everyone with one point gets it but some do), but last year damn near 20% more people put in for A16 than any year before and it got a lot of chatter this year. It went from 326 or so to 386 or so last year. I bet it was even higher this year. Have to wait to next year to see. Nutz that you could get A17 just below it with a second draw. Isn't G3 Goodale part of A17?

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, boom and I were hoping another buddy would draw A16 with one point (he didn't). It's only taken one pt the last six years (not everyone with one point gets it but some do), but last year damn near 20% more people put in for A16 than any year before and it got a lot of chatter this year. It went from 326 or so to 386 or so last year. I bet it was even higher this year. Have to wait to next year to see. Nutz that you could get A17 just below it with a second draw. Isn't G3 Goodale part of A17?

If I'd have know it was the "hot" tag to get I would have put in elsewhere. It's a great unit but I don't think it's significantly better than some units that only require 1PP and often none to draw. With the quality of deer I've seen in some of the D zones I've come to the conclusion that you are hunting the same quality of deer they are just much harder to access and locate..... Who doesn't like a good challenge?

voidecho

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I'm pretty new to it, but I think the plan going forward is to put in for A16, A17 or A20 and if I don't get it, hunt the same deer from the West side with an AO tag. You should get the A's every two to three years. You'll have an "easy" year when you get the A tag and have to work the other years.

kickemall

WKR
No elk, no sheep, no X3B rifle or archery so its B zone for me and thats o.k. Congrats to those who drew good.