CA Mesa 300wm

kroppr77

FNG
Looking at breaking in and setting up my dual for Christiansen arms, mesa, 300wm. For you guys that run this rifle what loads have your guns liked and disliked. Probably going to start with 3 boxes and hopefully pick the best from there. Wondering what grain billet your guns also liked; for instance a lot are roughly 185 grains, but the something like the hornady precision hunter is at 220 some grains. I have time to mess around, not using this rifle this year, might in November but that’s it.
Looking at being comfortable to 400, gun is topped with Leupold vx5.

mwf008

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 7mm, so not sure if this will translate, but the best factory loads for me were the Barnes with long range bullets (Vor-tx-lr). I started with Hornady precision hunters, HSM with Berger’s, and Federal with Accubonds. It’s going to shoot most all high quality factory stuff sub moa.

Barnes ttsx 180 for me. Wanted to shoot Hornsby, but it was shooting about a 2 1/2” group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milhouse58421

Lil-Rokslider
X 2 on the Nosler Accubond. One Mesa I sold had trouble grouping.... and it was a .300 Win Mag. I called Christensen, and they reccomended the 180 AB... and that "fixed" it.

On a side note, they said they would rebarrel the rifle if it didn't shoot with the recommended load.