Sold Cabela’s Puffy Pants 2XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drenalin

WKR
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I think these were called the “Super Warm Backcountry Down Pants.” They’re not down, they’re Primaloft. Good shape, no holes or other damage I can find. $100 $85 $65 TYD in the lower 48, PayPal F&F.

IMG_5699.jpeg

IMG_5700.jpeg

IMG_5701.jpeg

Last edited:

Jon S

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What’s the inseam length please, and waist measured as they lay, I can multiply pretty good.

thanks

OP
D

Drenalin

WKR
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
What’s the inseam length please, and waist measured as they lay, I can multiply pretty good.

thanks
What size do these fit?
Laid flat, and with the drawstring completely let out, the waist measures 22-1/2 inches across. With the drawstring as tight as it will go, I measured 12 inches across. From the crotch seam to the leg opening is 31 inches. That's with a relatively low (roomy) crotch area.

OP
D

Drenalin

WKR
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Are they pretty light? And do they compress down quite a bit?
I haven't weighed them, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd say they're right around a pound. Below is a pick of them stuffed into the included pocket - they're a tighter package just rolled up (about the size of a folded and rolled Thermarest XTherm), and would compress a bit more in a compression sack.

Comp.jpg

Here's an old video on them too:

2ski

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the video shows the guy hiking in them. Are they heavy for that? Would these make a decent glassing pant? Or something to sleep in for like 40 degree nights?

OP
D

Drenalin

WKR
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So the video shows the guy hiking in them. Are they heavy for that? Would these make a decent glassing pant? Or something to sleep in for like 40 degree nights?
I can’t imagine hiking in puffy pants; these and any others I’ve ever had would be too warm for me. Glassing or any other low to no movement activity is really what they’re made for. I’ve never slept in just insulated clothing so I won’t speak to that, but these are warm to below freezing in low to no movement use.

2ski

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok. I only asked about hiking because that's what the video you posted showed. So I was making sure these weren't some barely Insulated pant you could hike in.

Status
Not open for further replies.