California Drought

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am leaving the trailhead as we speak for four days of scouting and fishing with my kid in x7a. I will let you know how the water is, but I will say at the moment it is fine as it is pouring down rain right now.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
There were plenty if springs and seeps in x7a, even some snow up at the tops. I didn't see much in the way of deer though.

CaseyU

WKR
Rosin. Let's see some pics!!! Some of us are stuck at work and living vicariously :) hope you and the family had a good time!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here was the promising basin and the other basin. Two really nice lakes in the back ground.

rumevyvy.jpg
upujezu9.jpg

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
Nice pics Rosin. How old is your son? I can't wait until mine is ready for some backpacking. How many fish did u guys catch?

KNPV PSD

Lil-Rokslider
Spent the weekend fly fishing along the border of X8/D5. River flows were horrible and levels were low. The ground however was saturated and found tons of seeps and lots of forage. Saw quite a few does in the evening but nothing during the day. Although to be fair I wasn't looking at anything but the river and my poorly cast fly.