Can not find federal 7mm RM brass

Pgohil

WKR
Cant seem to find any 7mm RM federal brass at all.... obviously they are still making brass as they are still making ammunition.... Unless they are buying brass elsewhere and having their headstamp put on it.... So what gives? anyone know why I cant buy federal 7mm brass???

thanks

PGohil
WV

MThuntr

WKR
I might have some oncefired in a box of odds and ends. If I remember I might be able to help the person above add to your needs

All once fired brass
20 nosler brass
13 fed brass
69 fed nickel brass
40 Remington brass
20 Norma brass
e6122f89ac9d3c1bb46678a38b37adf7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Im hoping to not go The once fired route. It seems like most guys are only getting about four firings out of their brass. If it's already once fired I'll fire again to form to my chamber then I'm only going to get too firings out of it before I'm done. Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong....
I just can't figure out why federal is not producing brass for sale...

If you change your mind about once-fired brass, I also have some. I don't have a count on it but would send for the price of shipping.

MThuntr

WKR
Im hoping to not go The once fired route. It seems like most guys are only getting about four firings out of their brass. If it's already once fired I'll fire again to form to my chamber then I'm only going to get too firings out of it before I'm done. Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong....
I just can't figure out why federal is not producing brass for sale...
If you switch to Peterson, ADG, etc you'll get more out of them. Peterson Long brass is a touch longer and headspaces off the shoulder not belt which greatly reduces how much the brass is worked when sizing. It's expensive but factor in the potential for extra shots and maybe pushing it a bit harder and the math works out....girl math applied to reloading.

Totally agree with post above. In my experience Federal brass is soft and only good for 3-4 reloads. ADG or Perterson will get you 2-3 times the reloads easy and is better brass (more consistent).

sdupontjr

WKR
Cant seem to find any 7mm RM federal brass at all.... obviously they are still making brass as they are still making ammunition.... Unless they are buying brass elsewhere and having their headstamp put on it.... So what gives? anyone know why I cant buy federal 7mm brass???

thanks

PGohil
WV

I was in your same boat right before hunting season. I was looking at Peterson, and the reason I was looking at peterson was that they offered a 300wm Long version and normal 300WM brass. The long was a longer case, not much, maybe .015" but what it did was help out with head case seperation. The reason I'm mentioning this is that they also were making 7mag brass the same way. At the time it was hareder to find. But Peterson did make a 7mag long version. I eventually gave up on it and picked up about 110 unfired new R-P brass that I'm using now.

gman82001

WKR
I was in your same boat right before hunting season. I was looking at Peterson, and the reason I was looking at peterson was that they offered a 300wm Long version and normal 300WM brass. The long was a longer case, not much, maybe .015" but what it did was help out with head case seperation. The reason I'm mentioning this is that they also were making 7mag brass the same way. At the time it was hareder to find. But Peterson did make a 7mag long version. I eventually gave up on it and picked up about 110 unfired new R-P brass that I'm using now.

Didn’t even know this was a thing thanks for posting it