Can we unite as Hunters?

As they should colorado has been the nr back up plan for to long. Should every western state that has a healthy big game species to hunt allow unlimited amounts of big game hunting to nr? Just to make you feel better
Every state/resident uses the "we are just getting aligned with other states" line. I believe even Wyoming used that line talking about the increase in the special price even though they are the most expensive state non refundable to apply in before that.

When does it stop? Which state is the first to go 95-5? 98-2? I'm not saying non res need more. I'm saying res need to quit taking. And if they don't, ok. I'll quit worrying about it when they want help with wolves, grizz, cats, etc.

I could of sworn I just saw a few Colorado hunters complaining on SM yesterday about something in the works to turn some of western Colorado into a National Monument. Is that something a non res should spend their resources on? I mean "you can access it all you want. You just can't hunt there since the citizens own the animals". I read that line a lot on here. Sounds like residents will be able to "access it all you want. You just can't hunt there because the citizens that own it don't want hunting in that area"

You don't need a chart to see the trends that goes with everything we may not have more hunters in general but there are by far more traveling nr hunters then there has ever been which makes it hard to get tag as well.
That has zero to do with taking from one group and giving to another. Stay on track.

Then you have the wealthy nr pushing outfitters to make it easier for them to get tags and then some diy nr benefit from that so you here crickets if they think it will help them
Show me where the non res allocation has increased because of wealth. I have not seen a set aside for wealthy non res in any game regulation.

If you feel this way I expect you are representing nr in North dakota to start giving out some moose tags to nr hunters I assume
If you get a petition going to try and get a non res moose allocation I would sign it. The chance of ever drawing is never and ND game and fish could use the free money.

And I am not saying any state needs to up their non res allocation and take from the resident allocation. I'm saying the take needs to stop. Colorado residents can use the line "we are just trying to get aligned with other western states" Well, California is a western state and they are definitely becoming like them.

At the end of the day, facts are facts. The resident percentage is getting bigger, the non resident percentage is getting smaller. Do residents really think "taking" over and over is unifying?

Residents, "We are in this together" when we need your help.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

180ls1

WKR
enjoy the bed everyone else is making for you. You can only get spit in the face and chastised so many times before you just go the other direction.

At least I'll know I did the right thing.

I can think of no more miserable life than letting hypocrites dictate my life/actions out of spite for them.

N8H

FNG
Can we unite as hunters?

I would say that it's perfectly acceptable for us to disagree on whatever we'd like. I do think the arguments along the lines of "if you shoot elk with a 150gr bullet your stupid", or "bear hunting over bait is dumb" are pretty silly things to argue about. That being said, I think places like rokslide forums are perfect for having disagreements and being vocal if you want. We just have to remember that at the end of the day we're on the same side, even if we don't like how the other goes about it.

But when we're in the eyes of the public, those arguments need to be the least of our concerns. Anti-hunting groups will use our disagreements to fuel legislation, knowing that some hunters support legislation that limits they behavior they already don't like.

Along those lines, public comment periods should be taken seriously since anyone can comment, even non hunters. Something I can personally work on.

Reactions: OMF

Archer86

WKR
Every state/resident uses the "we are just getting aligned with other states" line. I believe even Wyoming used that line talking about the increase in the special price even though they are the most expensive state non refundable to apply in before that.
So you want it cheaper to apply in every state? What do you think that does to point creep and then there will be something else nr want changes its a revolving door that never ends no matter how you look at it.

Make wyoming where all you have to do is front the app fees not the tag and then everyone applies every year and there will be a new problem...
When does it stop? Which state is the first to go 95-5? 98-2? I'm not saying non res need more. I'm saying res need to quit taking. And if they don't, ok. I'll quit worrying about it when they want help with wolves, grizz, cats, etc.
New mexico is almost there.

Wyoming removed the elk cap and will increase general elk tags this year there has been no talk of 90 10 for dea. Yet wyoming is the states everyone likes to crap on no matter the conversation

Colorado needs a change if you cant see that as a nr i dont know what to tell you 75 25 is not bad.

colorado otc needs to go for nr you cant just have unlimited amounts of nr hunting elk as a back uo plan. With a little managment maybe colorado elk turns out more like a wyoming general tag with more opportunities and alittle lower points required to draw.

its funny also you see these threads and complaining about residents taking nr opportunities then you see the same nr saying that resident tags need to go. it always goes both ways.

I always see guys complaining but has anyone ever suggested a logical split between nr and residnet. It's always not fair but yet know one has valid suggestion to me Colorado is close at the 75 25
I could of sworn I just saw a few Colorado hunters complaining on SM yesterday about something in the works to turn some of western Colorado into a National Monument. Is that something a non res should spend their resources on? I mean "you can access it all you want. You just can't hunt there since the citizens own the animals". I read that line a lot on here. Sounds like residents will be able to "access it all you want. You just can't hunt there because the citizens that own it don't want hunting in that area"
Yeah they probably should if they like to hunt Colorado what do you think happens if they don't and that land turns into a National Monument. Who gets tag cuts first in the surrounding areas my guess is it won't be residents.

Another thing you keep saying that nr shouldn't advocate for wildlife because it's hard to get a tag well you have doomed wildlife with that thought process if hunters only look at wildlife as having value if you can kill it we are doomed as it is so why shouldn't residents take as much as they can now while they still have it? Not saying I would support it.

Show me where the non res allocation has increased because of wealth. I have not seen a set aside for wealthy non res in any game regulation.
wyoming special was driven by wyoga to help wealthy nr get a leg up and when it wasnt working thats when the price increase talk came about from the task force it may not say it in the regs but everyone knows its for the wealthy.

At least I'll know I did the right thing.

I can think of no more miserable life than letting hypocrites dictate my life/actions out of spite for them.
They are always other options on the menu. Thats the whole point. Most people have a set budget for hunting and conservation spend . Their spreading recipients just becomes more compact.

Last edited:
So you want it cheaper to apply in every state? What do you think that does to point creep and then there will be something else nr want changes its a revolving door that never ends no matter how you look at it.

Make wyoming where all you have to do is front the app fees not the tag and then everyone applies every year and there will be a new problem...

New mexico is almost there.

Wyoming removed the elk cap and will increase general elk tags this year there has been no talk of 90 10 for dea. Yet wyoming is the states everyone likes to crap on no matter the conversation

Colorado needs a change if you cant see that as a nr i dont know what to tell you 75 25 is not bad.

colorado otc needs to go for nr you cant just have unlimited amounts of nr hunting elk as a back uo plan. With a little managment maybe colorado elk turns out more like a wyoming general tag with more opportunities and alittle lower points required to draw.

its funny also you see these threads and complaining about residents taking nr opportunities then you see the same nr saying that resident tags need to go. it always goes both ways.

I always see guys complaining but has anyone ever suggested a logical split between nr and residnet. It's always not fair but yet know one has valid suggestion to me Colorado is close at the 75 25

Yeah they probably should if they like to hunt Colorado what do you think happens if they don't and that land turns into a National Monument. Who gets tag cuts first in the surrounding areas my guess is it won't be residents.

Another thing you keep saying that nr shouldn't advocate for wildlife because it's hard to get a tag well you have doomed wildlife with that thought process if hunters only look at wildlife as having value if you can kill it we are doomed as it is so why shouldn't residents take as much as they can now while they still have it? Not saying I would support it.

wyoming special was driven by wyoga to help wealthy nr get a leg up and when it wasnt working thats when the price increase talk came about from the task force it may not say it in the regs but everyone knows its for the wealthy.
Dude this is going into the weeds.

The FACT is, one group is taking from another group to give it to themselves. Hard to want to unify with takers.

Residents "We are in this together" when it benefits us.

Obviously you and I think differently. I'm not saying it's wrong to take take take. I do think it's wrong to take take take and EXPECT the people you are taking from to be fine with it.