Can we unite as Hunters?

I was skeptical at first as hunters are so segregated into what species and method of take, however, I have been thoroughly impressed by the support and united advocacy from resident and non-resident hunters to oppose Prop #91 Colorado Mountain Lion hunting ban. We are a long ways from November but I am cautiously optimistic. This could be where we make our stand to defend the North American Model. If you have a desire to contribute, please consider a donation to CRWM, link below.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
The answer is NO.

You cant talk smack about how NR are the devil, and push to highly limit their hunting options.

then

beg them for supporting votes, and legislative/litigation money.

NM is a prefect example, lets get rid of all NR sheep tags, yet 95% of sheep conservation dollars come from NR funding sources. At least NM was smart enough to see it, and change course.

CO is headed down the same path, NR will eventually take all their money else where. Leaving residents with limit financial support to fight the blue wave of legislation thats happening at an alarming rate.
This, 100%.

Unfortunate timing that prop 91/101 fundraising would fall at the same time CO resident hunters are pressing for 90/10 (or close).

You battle against my NR tag allocation despite the fact I fund CPW at 10x the rate you do?

And then CO residents have the nerve to ask me for even more money to fight prop 91? Nope, my money is staying in my state.

180ls1

WKR
This, 100%.

Unfortunate timing that prop 91/101 fundraising would fall at the same time CO resident hunters are pressing for 90/10 (or close).

You battle against my NR tag allocation despite the fact I fund CPW at 10x the rate you do?

And then CO residents have the nerve to ask me for even more money to fight prop 91? Nope, my money is staying in my state.

Do things because they are the right thing to do. Not because of what others are doing.

Hnthrdr

WKR
This, 100%.

Dude Co got 75/25 across the board for draw, 80/20 in high point units. If you are going to come to moan, get your facts right… oh Co still sells more elk tags than the rest of the west combined, so please lecture us on how we aren’t “fair”

Dude Co got 75/25 across the board for draw, 80/20 in high point units. If you are going to come to moan, get your facts right… oh Co still sells more elk tags than the rest of the west combined, so please lecture us on how we aren’t “fair”
Okay, I'll bite.

Begining of lecture.

Middle if lecture.

End of lecture.

That is all I have to say about that. Lecture over.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
With high Deer & Elk populations and 75-80% res allocations, Colorado is also KEEPING far more deer & elk tags for themselves than almost every other state. Both in raw number of tags and if calculated as # of tags kept per resident hunter. And, CO keeps 90% of MSG and are actively fighting against NR OTC elk.

CO residents can get their money to fight PROP 91 elsewhere. I fund CPW at 10x the rate CO residents do. I'm all tapped out. CRWM can beg somewhere else.

Do things because they are the right thing to do. Not because of what others are doing.
A poster started a thread in here asking how non res can get a voice. It was pretty clear that non res do not, should not, and don’t deserve a voice in another states wildlife.

If the citizens of the state of Colorado vote to remove all cat hunting, it must be the right thing. There is no way a non res should try to interfere and use their voice (money) to sway the vote in the direction the non res wants. The resident hunters made it very clear non res need to keep their mouths shut and quit meddling.

180ls1

WKR
A poster started a thread in here asking how non res can get a voice. It was pretty clear that non res do not, should not, and don’t deserve a voice in another states wildlife.

If the citizens of the state of Colorado vote to remove all cat hunting, it must be the right thing. There is no way a non res should try to interfere and use their voice (money) to sway the vote in the direction the non res wants. The resident hunters made it very clear non res need to keep their mouths shut and quit meddling.

Cool, that does not address my response.

If you're against it, then be against it. Visa versa.

Doing or not doing something that you know is right/wrong out of spite is not the proper way to conduct yourself. Maybe I am reading into the posters motives too much but thats the way it came off.

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
I'm gonna say no. We can't even decide if this site/forum is a cult or not. We're too busy calling anyone that has a different opinion than what we have (as a group and/or individual) a FUDD.

This, 100%.

If that comment was directed at me, I haven’t once “battled” against your NR tag allocation nor do I know anyone else personally who has. Last thing I saw was 75/25 or maybe 80/20. Colorado is still the most generous western state when it comes to non resident big game hunting opportunity but don’t let facts get in the way of your rant. They issue more non resident tags than any other western state. Buying a non resident elk tag ($ to CPW) is completely different than contributing to a 501c4 org like CRWM. Go ahead and keep your money in your home state. I’m sure there are plenty of worthy causes there too. I only bring up CRWM because if people do want to get involved, point them in the right direction. If not, no big deal.

Last edited:

Archer86

WKR

Perfect example of why hunters can't unite. Poor attitudes like this all you are trying to do is divide.

Perfect example of why hunters can't unite. Poor attitudes like this all you are trying to do is divide.

Who is doing the dividing? The first person that takes, the second person that doesn’t help?

The vocal residents that say you should be happy with whatever we allow you to have? The vocal non res that says I’m not going to help because you keep taking from me?

It’s as simple as this. You can’t keep taking stuff from someone to put in your pocket with one hand, while holding out the other hand for help. And expect that someone to continue helping.

“We are all in this together”

Archer86

WKR
Who is doing the dividing? The first person that takes, the second person that doesn’t help?

The vocal residents that say you should be happy with whatever we allow you to have? The vocal non res that says I’m not going to help because you keep taking from me?

It’s as simple as this. You can’t keep taking stuff from someone to put in your pocket with one hand, while holding out the other hand for help. And expect that someone to continue helping.

“We are all in this together”
Who is taking from nr currently?

Who is taking from nr currently?

Archer86

WKR

Again who is currently taking from nr? just like those vocal residnetd there are vocal nr like you that have a poor attitude and try stir the pot every chance they get.

You are just a troll

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
Again who is currently taking from nr?
Colorado just got done cutting NR allocation. And also currently working on cutting NR elk otc, while residents want to retain OTC for themselves.

And then those same residents try to argue that ALL hunters must help fund their fight against prop 91/101. Not falling for it.

Last edited:

Archer86

WKR
Colorado just got done cutting NR allocation. And also currently working on cutting NR elk otc, while residents want to retain OTC for themselves.

And then those same residents try to argue that ALL hunters must help fund their figth against prop 91/101.
Big deal they're 75 25 on the easier to draw tags for first choice it won't hurt nr much as a nr of Colorado I appreciate them eliminating nr otc tags you can't have good hunting and sell unlimited tags to everyone as a back up if you plan it won't effect your ability to hunt

Again who is currently taking from nr? just like those vocal residnetd there are vocal nr like you that have a poor attitude and try stir the pot every chance they get.

You are just a troll
You should know the answer to your own question, since you posted multiple times in a thread about that very thing.

This year the allocation is changing in at least one western state. It is taking from the non res pie piece and giving to the res pie piece. Fact.

If there was a chart with the trend for the last 20 years it would be pretty obvious to see which way the allocation has been heading.

Your question does make me curious. Why does it matter if it's current or if it's happened over and over for the last 20 years? What's the saying? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Or something along those lines.

Non res would be idiots if after looking at the trend for 20 years to think it's going to stop trending in the same direction.

Residents, "We are all in this together" when we need your help.

People aren't dogs. You can't keep beating on them and expect them to come wag their tail when you need help over and over.

Here is a fact. The non res piece of the pie is getting smaller while the resident piece is getting bigger. I wonder why non res are tired of "unifying" if that is what unity looks like.

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
I don't understand?
Residents want NR to keep their nose out of CO game regs.....BUT
......I'll guarantee the non-/anti- hunting faction will accept and use any funding offered by "out-of-state" and/or national interests such as PETA, HSUSA, etc, etc....

This is the prime example of "conservatives" wanting to play on a level, even playing field and "liberals" slanting the playing field in any manner they please as long as they win!

Will conservatives ever learn?

Archer86

WKR
You should know the answer to your own question, since you posted multiple times in a thread about that very thing.

This year the allocation is changing in at least one western state. It is taking from the non res pie piece and giving to the res pie piece. Fact.
As they should colorado has been the nr back up plan for to long. Should every western state that has a healthy big game species to hunt allow unlimited amounts of big game hunting to nr? Just to make you feel better
If there was a chart with the trend for the last 20 years it would be pretty obvious to see which way the allocation has been heading.
You don't need a chart to see the trends that goes with everything we may not have more hunters in general but there are by far more traveling nr hunters then there has ever been which makes it hard to get tag as well.

Then you have the wealthy nr pushing outfitters to make it easier for them to get tags and then some diy nr benefit from that so you here crickets if they think it will help them

Your question does make me curious. Why does it matter if it's current or if it's happened over and over for the last 20 years? What's the saying? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Or something along those lines.

Non res would be idiots if after looking at the trend for 20 years to think it's going to stop trending in the same direction.

Residents, "We are all in this together" when we need your help.

People aren't dogs. You can't keep beating on them and expect them to come wag their tail when you need help over and over.

Here is a fact. The non res piece of the pie is getting smaller while the resident piece is getting bigger. I wonder why non res are tired of "unifying" if that is what unity looks like.
If you feel this way I expect you are representing nr in North dakota to start giving out some moose tags to nr hunters I assume