CANIS: The Beginning

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
I asked earlier but I'll ask here, what's the percentage blend of nylon to merino in the chamois peice?

OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I asked earlier but I'll ask here, what's the percentage blend of nylon to merino in the chamois peice?
This is not a blended yarn, but the construction is made that the 75% PA (Cordura Nylon 66) is used as Face side for added strength and durability and the 25% Merino grid fleece is constructed towards the body side for comfort. (Merino is were it counts most, against the body).This allows for a good structural strength and ideal function to best support the bodies clima management.

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
This is not a blended yarn, but the construction is made that the 75% PA (Cordura Nylon 66) is used as Face side for added strength and durability and the 25% Merino grid fleece is constructed towards the body side for comfort. (Merino is were it counts most, against the body).This allows for a good structural strength and ideal function to best support the bodies clima management.
Cool! Makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
How is the overall fit?.. compared to Sitka, KUIU etc?
Our line is designed to be athletic and snug but does not hinder your movements due to our ergonomic designs and strategic placement of different materials in certain locations allowing the garment. to stretch when needed. So to answer your question very comfortably.

I'm sure it's comfy but Is it true to size like First Lite and PNUMA or does it run smaller like KUIU?

Will_m

WKR
Our line is designed to be athletic and snug but does not hinder your movements due to our ergonomic designs and strategic placement of different materials in certain locations allowing the garment. to stretch when needed. So to answer your question very comfortably.

Well, the description certainly has enough adverbs and adjectives.

Serious question: Are you a media representative and do you personally use the products?

I ask because your responses seem very "canned" to my eye.

How's it fit could be answered much more simply.
"Pants are snug in the thigh area"
"Jackets run slightly large in the shoulders"
Etcetera.

The ergonomics of clima management... sounds hokey.

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Serious question: Are you a media representative and do you personally use the products?

Etcetera.

Howard reviewed the jacket. On the run right now, but he might have some info on fit in there. If not, hit him up @Howard Mee

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
[mention]LongWayAround [/mention] Yes, if you have questions about the Alps Hooded Down Jacket, I’d be more than happy to answer whatever I can, or send pics etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure it's comfy but Is it true to size like First Lite and PNUMA or does it run smaller like KUIU?

I’ve only worn the Alps Hooded Down Jacket.
1. The sizing is smaller than what most people are probably used to.
2. The Canis sizing charts are correct.

I’m almost always an XL in shirts, jackets, etc
My chest typically runs 44”-46” depending on what I’ve been doing (or not doing) in the gym.
The Canis jacket I have is a 2XL. So, bigger than what I normally order. Their sizing chart says 44.5-46.5” = 2XL ... It fits me perfectly.

I also have a KUIU jacket that fits about the same. It’s an XL. When I get home I’ll post pics of both. (Stand by)

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
[mention]Robinhood21 [/mention]
20151c9c7450386a94f000a2d49b9d2f.jpg

5881640ab74213649fb8fa23ad28245a.jpg

b3116328c0c57a3147799aaf1cc31ce6.jpg

9f85e07141016e2225a0d27823883029.jpg

KUIU is XL
CANIS is 2XL

OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor

Etcetera.

Thank you for your comment and I apologize for using correct language. My responses are not "canned" by any means of the word. We simply try to answer as professionally and correctly as possible. To answer your first question, yes I'm the media representative, and yes I personally have the entire line and have worn it extensively on numerous hunts on three continents. I was also part of initial field testing. So no there is nothing "hokey" about it.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
The shirts fit great. Im 5'6 125 wearing a medium.
Pants are vanity sized +2" at the waist vs size (i ordered 31, they are 33 waist) so they are a fist large on me without cranking a belt (31" actual waist)
This is me in Cle Elum couple weeks ago while we were out shooting. Just seeing if the pattern would turn solid brown from distance like a bunch of people were trying to speculate in the other thread.
Wore the shirt on a 5.5 mile hike today in the Snoqualmie area with 30 lbs on my back and it was perfect.

Attachments

• 20200725_182642.jpg
    20200725_182642.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20200725_182739.jpg
    20200725_182739.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 20200725_153326.jpg
    20200725_153326.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 93

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’m doing a personal ongoing review (not sponsored by Canis or Rokslide) of their Alpine Light Pants. I just got back from 5 days and 30 miles of scouting in the back country. I’ll be adding to my review with details of that trip and how the pants performed.

three5x5s

WKR

Fits more like Kuiu, I have the Chamois 1/4 zip hoodie. I'm 5 ft 4-138#s with a 36 in chest and I have the Medium. Its not a floppy hoodie like an Under Armour, its a base layer type. It fits snoug but fits good under the Kuiu 240 & the Stone Glacier De Havviland in medium. I wear a small in most Sitka tops and jackets.