Can't Reach Out For Help From Guys Who Have Been There????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Guys in eastern states try to draw tags and go out west and hunt DIY totally blind. We cant make multiple trips to scout. You e-scout and get info from game wardens and biologists but NOTHING compares to help from a guy who had the hunt. Roads not to use, crowded areas, no water, etc. That info can save a whole day of wasted time!!!! 24 hr drives back home with nothing totally sucks! Why is it a mortal sin to get help via PM??????

S.Clancy

WKR
Because you guys wanna punch the easy button. I don't scout the units I draw but still manage to do fine. Hunting other areas is about the experience and sometimes that experience is getting punched in the dick and overcoming either crowds, weather, terrain, lack of access, etc. If you don't want that stay home and save the time and $$$.

Try to enjoy the process of figuring it out yourself. Tag soup is part of it and you need to use it as motivation. Eventually you will feel like you can kill an animal in any unit/any state without ever being there.

CorbLand

WKR
I can be to most of my hunting spots in 30-45 minutes. Add it all up and I am well over 24 hours of drive time with nothing to show for it. You will live.

The issue isn't about PM's. It's about the all powerful world wide web, and the staggering amount of info that gets shared by guys in public every time a unit gets mentioned. Guys don't understand how findable a post is for someone who knows how to use a search engine. Heaven help us now that AI is getting turned towards hunting... There are already hundreds of horror stories of guys coming back to their honey hole one fall to find out that it got mentioned in public and there are 30 extra dudes hunting their trailhead.

fatlander

WKR
The issue isn't about PM's. It's about the all powerful world wide web, and the staggering amount of info that gets shared by guys in public every time a unit gets mentioned. Guys don't understand how findable a post is for someone who knows how to use a search engine. Heaven help us now that AI is getting turned towards hunting... There are already hundreds of horror stories of guys coming back to their honey hole one fall to find out that it got mentioned in public and there are 30 extra dudes hunting their trailhead.

Spartan forge has already done it. It’s going to be released soon. It’s called “cyber scout”.

Chat GPT couldn’t build a hunt plan for units I know well. It couldn’t really create a hunt plan at all. Interested but terrified to see what spartan forge’s version can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traveler

WKR
Guys in eastern states try to draw tags and go out west and hunt DIY totally blind. We cant make multiple trips to scout. You e-scout and get info from game wardens and biologists but NOTHING compares to help from a guy who had the hunt. Roads not to use, crowded areas, no water, etc. That info can save a whole day of wasted time!!!! 24 hr drives back home with nothing totally sucks! Why is it a mortal sin to get help via PM??????
If it makes it any better there are lots and lots of hunters out west that may have better access but still drive home empty handed also.

I know at least a half dozen people who lived within a few hours of their elk hunting spots and didn’t even see an elk…then they gave up, ha

I am typing these words remembering to be kind. :)

I couldn't possibly help a person like the OP, because his own attitude is the thing in the way. It's not knowledge, or time, or anything else. When I see someone use the word "can't," I know they are a lost cause.

I've scouted plenty of tags in Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana multiple times, coming from Kansas. Sometimes we fly, most of the time we drive. Cannonball runs driving through the night, sometimes 21 hours, leave Thursday after work and back to it on Monday morning. Hell I've even done this when it wasn't even my tag, or a tag I hadn't drawn yet--I mean that to say we scout units we are thinking of applying for.

It comes down to how bad you want it. If you don't want it bad enough to figure out a solution to a simple problem, then how are you going to convince yourself to drop 1500 ft to chase a bugle when the sun is already creeping behind the horizon? How are you going to get up and get after it every day for the 10 or 14 days it will likely take to put everything together? How are you going to get desperate enough to try something so crazy it might just work?

It's on you bub. Not on anyone else.

Here's the problem.

You make a post and ask for info on unit XX in YY.

Someone pms you some info, people find your post in a search of that unit number, then see your posts of success later in a different thread.

If everyone would come back on here and talk about how much it sucked, got teeth kicked in, and it was crowded, might not be too bad. But the 5-10% that are successful like to come back and boast and it's pretty easy to find where they were when only 5 mo the prior they were asking for Intel.

My drive is usually in the realm of 27-34 hours, so I know all about it.

2five7

WKR
Why can't eastern landowners let us hunt whitetail on their property for free? Oh, you mean because they worked hard to get that property, they don't have to share it? Goes both ways...

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
Using the fact that you live far away isn't a real great argument for why you deserve something.

Now if you posted that you have 300 acres of prime white tail land and have something of value to trade.... now you're talking.

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
In a nutshell, welcome to the real world, can't get everything with a few clicks of the keyboard.

OP
Beaglegun

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
What a crock of shiiiiit.
When i grow up i wanna be a rokslide badass to

Status
Not open for further replies.