Carving knife for brisket

fwafwow

WKR
Any suggestions for a good knife for carving brisket? I’ve seen some recommended - Wusthof, Victorinox, Mercer, Saken and Dexter, but I’m also open to something nicer to hang onto for a while. My understanding is long. and scalloped/serrated is ideal.

UncleBone

WKR
I have the dexter, and the victorianox, they both get the job done quite well. I also have a dexter boning knife for trimming the skits. I just hope youre using a real stick burner and not a pellet grill to cook the brisket!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122_081627_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_081627_Gallery.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 16
OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
I have the dexter, and the victorianox, they both get the job done quite well. I also have a dexter boning knife for trimming the skits. I just hope youre using a real stick burner and not a pellet grill to cook the brisket!
Thanks. This may be one expenditure in which I stick to the basics and don't go overboard on a custom. The Victorinox Fibrox (one of 2 or so models) seem widely recommended and reasonably priced.

No - per another thread, my first brisket was done yesterday on an electric 🤯 pellet grill. I used to use a Brinkmans many years ago, but always managed to mess something up. This was pretty easy, but i've got lots of room for growth/learning.

TX_Diver

WKR
I have a mercer and it's fine. If I were buying today I'd go with Victorinox or Dexter Russel or F Dick solely because many of those are made in USA. Otherwise no complaints with the mercer for brisket, bacon, or anything else I want to slice.

g6nFV4vh.jpg

Used it to cut a ham in half here
xpCps4ih.jpg