CBE Sight help

captchet

FNG
Probably not the right spot for this but I need some help, if possible with CBE single pin sight problem.

I shoot a Matthew's Z7 @70# and shoot a 420 grain arrow for elk. Bow is tuned spot on. My issue is that I cant adjust the sight down past 70yds for 2 reasons. 1- the sight window disengages from the drive gear and 2- there is not enough clearance between fletching and bottom of sight at that yardage. Not that I would shoot animals that far but I am believer that distance practice makes shorter yardage shots seem easier.

I have tried everything I can figure to do to move the sight to gain clearance (sight elevation) but that means I end up hitting low, so I have to move the sight down farther; to raise POI. If anyone has experienced this or has a solution please let me know.

Thanks
Chris

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Peep height or your anchor would be my guess. You should be able to get over 100 yards without contact and the housing falling out. I shoot a 515 grain arrow @70# and can shoot over 100 yards with a CBE slider.

oldgoat

WKR
Yeah, I have a CBE with four pin sight housing and I had plenty of clearance out past a 100. I think jmez is on the money with peep and anchor point

OP
C

captchet

FNG
Thanks for the input. However, my anchor point should not change. Peep height up would gain yards but that would mean I"D be above the berger button on tuning. Im missing a step somewhere on initial installation and I cant find my instructions. It seems to me I need to be starting my sight in process with the sight higher if that makes sense.

jmez

WKR
Not talking about changing the anchor, though both your anchor and peep view will change when you start shooting at 100+ yards. Something in your form or peep setting is having you have to set he sight housing too low to begin with.

Thanks for the input. However, my anchor point should not change. Peep height up would gain yards but that would mean I"D be above the berger button on tuning. Im missing a step somewhere on initial installation and I cant find my instructions. It seems to me I need to be starting my sight in process with the sight higher if that makes sense.

Your anchor is probably high up on your jaw or face. So you can either keep our anchor the same and shoot out to 70 or you need to find a new anchor point to start with.
Because you have a fixed pin you don't have any choice in where the pin sits in the housing so there is only one place it can be correct for a given yardage with your current anchor. Your peep location should be based off your anchor, you shouldn't move it Willy Nilly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peddar01

FNG
Your anchor is probably high up on your jaw or face. So you can either keep our anchor the same and shoot out to 70 or you need to find a new anchor point to start with.
Because you have a fixed pin you don't have any choice in where the pin sits in the housing so there is only one place it can be correct for a given yardage with your current anchor. Your peep location should be based off your anchor, you shouldn't move it Willy Nilly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had this problem. I anchored the knock in the corner of my mouth. I then changed to anchoring my hand under my jaw,adjusted my peeps accordingly and this allowed me to use more of the travel in my cbe

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Make your anchor point lower as others have said. There's no set place all of us have to anchor at, it's just a matter of anchoring at the same spot every time. One other cheat you can do is have your arrows 4 fletched 75/105 to gain some clearance between your housing and arrow.