Cell trail cam recommendations

Drewby

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a fan of the cuddelink system. You can put cameras where there is no cell reception as long as they can "talk" to a camera or string of cameras that eventually does have cell reception. They're not cheap but more cameras doesn't mean more $. Picture quality in the message sent isn't phenomenal, but I've never had an issue seeing anglers or a beard on a turkey. I've found they also don't trigger on squirrels very often which I'd a huge plus.

SDSmacker

FNG
Another vote for Tactacam Reveals. Haven't tried any other brands but haven't found a reason to

I run 10 SPYPOINT Link and 4 flex. Set the uplink to every 6hrs and the lithium batteries last one full year. I bought the base membership and it has met my needs just fine. 250 pics per camera fits my need given that baiting is illegal where I am.

also had 3 bushnell and the pic quality was better, but the plans and cameras too expensive to run in volume.

CRBTBB711

FNG
I have spypoint micro, tacticam reveal XB. The Tactacam pictures a definitely better, especially during the day. Depending on how many pictures you plan to get, the free 100 picture with the spypoint plan is really nice.the reception on my Tactacam also seems to be better than my spypoint for down in a draw/ravine

tap09

FNG
Another vote for SpyPoint. I've been really happy with the Link Micros. Haven't had an issue with daylight pictures, night time ones are good but not great. Fairly inexpensive too, you can get them for around $75.

WestTex

FNG
I’ll throw my vote in for the Tactacams! No issues so far (2 years), quality pics and good battery life.

Pwalk220

FNG
I’ve had spypoints, moultrie, Spartans now reveals. Another vote here for the Reveals. Great customer service, quality pics, easy to setup and reasonable pricing!IMG_0061.jpeg

I have had great luck with tactical reveals. I run 5 of them. Have only used 2 spypoint micros otherwise and they are horrible in my experience.

I’ve been using Spartans for over 10 years (since the 2g days), and they haven’t given me any reason to look at other brands. I have 4 running at my place in Oklahoma with external batteries and solar panels, and between them, they have sent 103,000 pictures.
Most my friends that are new to cell cams run Tactacams, and one guy has had issues with a couple of his. However, I know the guy, and it could definitely be operator error. I have one friend using Stealthcams, and he’s on a first name basis with their customer service rep.
From the pictures, I’ve seen off both the Tactacams and stealthcams, I’ll be sticking to Spartan.

zkutz1

FNG
Definitely recommend either looking at coverage for att vs Verizon OR borrowing a buddy that has a different service than you and see what kinda bars you can pull out there. As far as cams go, tactacams are just so reliable, great on battery life if you use the right batteries, and they just are priced right for the quality. They aren’t going to give you the best photos out of all of them, but they aren’t gonna fail and that matters more to me

When you all mention using lithium batteries on the Reveals are you talking about the Tactacam rechargeable one? Or are you talking about regular batteries? Dumb question but every AA battery I see on Amazon is billed as a lithium battery…

NLenz22

FNG
When you all mention using lithium batteries on the Reveals are you talking about the Tactacam rechargeable one? Or are you talking about regular batteries? Dumb question but every AA battery I see on Amazon is billed as a lithium battery…
They are talking about lithium AA batteries vs standard alkaline batteries. The lithiums last a lot longer in cold temps (sub-freezing you really start to notice). I would say definitely compare prices though. At my local Walgreens the lithiums were over 4X the cost of the alkalines, and I know for a fact that they weren’t lasting 4X longer.

NLenz22

FNG
I would give another vote for the Reveals. They may not be the best all around camera, trigger speed, some missed pictures, and they can do some real wacky things if you let the batteries get too low, but for a cell camera they get the job done pretty well and are fairly user friendly.

Know what all the settings do and tweak them to your liking. I think a lot of the complaints come from folks who haven’t messed with the default settings.

Rich M

WKR
I've had a couple brands and it has all come down to Browning for trail cams.

Want to try Cudde-link. Just not liking the $200/each price tag. I hunt public and would get really nasty if someone was stealing those.

The absolute best battery setup you can do is buy a herd 360 chew proof 12v cord, this battery off Amazon (or similar), and a $7 plastic ammo box. Drill a hole in the side, run the cable through and seal with some silicone. I ran 2 cameras with this setup for over 15,000 pictures a piece and the batteries had no sign of stopping.

b52286907b280fc1d4bf616386fb3432.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark5868

FNG
I’ve run the Spypoints Link Dark for years and have had only minor issues. Was looking into buying a couple more cell cams and after researching looks like the Tactacam Reveals are very popular these days.