Central Idaho Grizzly Restoration

Let’s do this, while the Greater Yellowstone Grizzly restoration is completely out of control with literally no answer in sight. What a mess.

And the Idaho Legislature is worried about how to issue non-resident tags and antler permits 🤮

Last edited:

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider

Let’s do this, while the Greater Yellowstone Grizzly restoration is completely out of control with literally no answer in sight. What a mess.

And the Idaho Legislature is worried about how to issue non-resident tags and antler permits 🤮
They are taking comments still I believe.

This has a ton of down stream effects as far as management is concerned if implemented.

IDVortex

WKR
It's going to sound all great to anyone who hasn't been around the wolf intruction, or predator management. But once implemented, any chance of being able to be managed will be fought in court until its to late. (Look at the wolf re-intruction.)

t_carlson

WKR
There are already grizzlies in the Bitterroot area of Montana. They'll spread all over Idaho soon enough.

Just like the Colorado wolf introduction, I'm not sure why the Feds feel the need to speed up what is already (naturally) underway. Seems like a GREAT way piss people off unnecessarily.

The good news is, I don't think they are quite as disruptive to the ecosystem as wolves are. I don't have many complaints about the bears themselves. Most of my beef is with how the Feds implement these things.

OP
Travis Hobbs
There are already grizzlies in the Bitterroot area of Montana. They'll spread all over Idaho soon enough.

Just like the Colorado wolf introduction, I'm not sure why the Feds feel the need to speed up what is already (naturally) underway. Seems like a GREAT way piss people off unnecessarily.

The good news is, I don't think they are quite as disruptive to the ecosystem as wolves are. I don't have many complaints about the bears themselves. Most of my beef is with how the Feds implement these things.
Great post, and that’s the truth, why would you want to supplement something that’s already happening. It is going to piss people off unnecessarily. It’s mind blowing why they would want to take on this fight.

Great post, and that’s the truth, why would you want to supplement something that’s already happening. It is going to piss people off unnecessarily. It’s mind blowing why they would want to take on this fight.
It's not happening fast enough for them It's not about the animals, but the leverage, money and power that comes with introduction.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
I want to know why the Golden Bear state isn't getting in on this restoration project? Kalifornistan could use a few dozen of these critters.

ORJoe

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah but if it comes down to it, I could probably beat up a wolf enough to make it leave me alone.
Not so much with a grizzly bear.

And while black bears are already out there and could beat me up, they're usually too scared to prove it.

t_carlson

WKR
Yeah but if it comes down to it, I could probably beat up a wolf enough to make it leave me alone.
Not so much with a grizzly bear.

And while black bears are already out there and could beat me up, they're usually too scared to prove it.

I doubt if a wolf would be any LESS determined or aggressive than a police dog. And we all know how that goes down when a suspect is unarmed. If you're fighting anything bigger than a coyote in hand-to-claw combat, you've already lost.

Man, I love the internet.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I doubt if a wolf would be any LESS determined or aggressive than a police dog. And we all know how that goes down when a suspect is unarmed. If you're fighting anything bigger than a coyote in hand-to-claw combat, you've already lost.

Man, I love the internet.
Stay strapped of get clapped er clawed… I’d like to think I could take on a pack like Jeremiah Johnson but I agree with your take, police dogs are wild and usually no bigger than 50-70lbs so a 100-140lb woof is gonna get ya