Central Montana Bear on the ground

jjenness

Lil-Rokslider
Well after hunting for a total of 1 day, I managed to put a decent bear on the ground yesterday. He ended up being 5'9" with a nice blocky head. I found this guy with a beautiful cinnamon sow, and they were having a pretty good time with each other. I ended up stalking to 30 yards before I took the shot, and then the sow ran about 10 feet from me as she headed for the high country. I did get a little bit of video of the two bears together right before I took the shot, and I will try to get it put up sometime. I shot him with a Tikka T3 .270 wsm that my father gave to me right before he passed away 6 months ago, so that was nice to take an animal with his rifle. I was actually planning on using my bow, however I literally just picked up yesterday morning from the bow shop, after having a snafu with my Carter release slipping out of my hand and breaking my cable rollers. So needless to say I didn't get a chance to sight my bow in before heading to the mountains. Anyway, thought I would just share him with everyone. bear.jpg

[video=youtube;5havDKv-vek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5havDKv-vek#![/video]

Here are a couple short videos I took.

Back