Chamber Neck vs Brass Dimension?

Tullis94

WKR
A recent thread on here has me asking myself some questions. I have a chamber on a rifle that is tight. A fired piece of brass measures at .317. A non-neck turned, loaded bullet in the same brass is .315. I shot this barrel for 50ish shots with no pressure issues and the accuracy was good. At this point I did not know the neck was tight untill I tried to put a bullet into the fired brass and there was some resistance.

Since discovering the tight neck I turned that 100 pieces of brass so that the loaded rounds are .313. Accuracy has been excellent. I don't know if the barrel was just getting settled at that point or if the neck turning made a small improvement? When this 100 pieces of brass looses it's primer pockets I am going to have the chamber neck opened up a little.

My question is, is the neck too tight for non-neck turned brass? Was turning necessary? I didn't experience heavy pressure but if a small amount of water was on the cartidges while hunting would there be excessive pressure? From my reading 4+ thou of clearance is the minimum for a hunting rifle?