Chamber vac capable of sealing multiple bags in one cycle?

Azone

WKR
Calling all professionals and semi pros!
If you were gonna drop some money on a chamber vac with multiple seal bars capable of sealing multiple bags in one cycle, what would it be?
Currently using a countertop Foodsaver sealer I got in a trade since my Vacmaster finally gave up the ghost and I hate the damn thing, takes FOREVER!
All suggestions appreciated. Don’t really want to spend a fortune but I’m definitely in the buy once cry once mindset right now.

Not familiar with that model. Was it a chamber vacuum? If you are looking to seal multiple bags at one time in a chamber vacuum it would put you in the $5000.00 price range. It would be cheaper to invest in multiple single units. Costco has a chamber vacuum from LEM for $649. I don’t know anything about it but Costco generally will warranty anything thy sell.

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
Not familiar with that model. Was it a chamber vacuum? If you are looking to seal multiple bags at one time in a chamber vacuum it would put you in the $5000.00 price range. It would be cheaper to invest in multiple single units. Costco has a chamber vacuum from LEM for $649. I don’t know anything about it but Costco generally will warranty anything thy sell.
It was not a chamber vac. 5K is definitely more than I want to spend. The vp321 has two 17 inch seal bars and looks like it can be had for a little under 2600 shipped to my door the vp230 can be had for half of that. I’ve never dealt with Vacmaster for warranty repairs. Are they easy to deal with as far as customer service?

Couldn’t tell you about their customer service, never had to use it! I bought my vp215 over ten years ago and other than changing the oil (not as often as I should) I have had no problems with it. It sits on a counter in the kitchen and gets used at least once a week if not more. I originally bought it for fish and wild game but it gets used more for buying in bulk, brines/marinades, leftovers, and sous-vide cooking. Best purchase I have ever made. I used to go through at least one foodsaver every salmon run. And the bags for the foodsaver would fail causing me to waste a lot of food.
What is your need to seal multiple bags? I have sealed a couple hundred pounds of meat in one setting. I found by the time I put the portion in the bag and am ready to seal the bag being sealed is done or very close to done. It doesn’t have the problem of sealing too early like the foodsaver has when used heavily.

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
Couldn’t tell you about their customer service, never had to use it! I bought my vp215 over ten years ago and other than changing the oil (not as often as I should) I have had no problems with it. It sits on a counter in the kitchen and gets used at least once a week if not more. I originally bought it for fish and wild game but it gets used more for buying in bulk, brines/marinades, leftovers, and sous-vide cooking. Best purchase I have ever made. I used to go through at least one foodsaver every salmon run. And the bags for the foodsaver would fail causing me to waste a lot of food.
What is your need to seal multiple bags? I have sealed a couple hundred pounds of meat in one setting. I found by the time I put the portion in the bag and am ready to seal the bag being sealed is done or very close to done. It doesn’t have the problem of sealing too early like the foodsaver has when used heavily.
My need for multiple bags being sealed is at times I have up to 70 to 100 bags that need to be sealed in an evening. Just looking to speed up the process, my wife usually draws bag sealer duty and she is not a fan of the time it currently takes. I will usually be portioning meat/sausage into bags and she will seal it.
Sounds like a solid unit and buying in bulk and being able to seal it fast and properly is definitely a win.
Appreciate the feedback.

Chez12

FNG
I've been looking at the JVR vac100 or 110 because near as I can tell they are the only ones currently making something that will handle retort bags. They also have bigger rigs to handle multiple bags