Chassis question

Wrench

WKR
I got sucked into the chassis rabbit hole trying to set up a rig for my kids and wife to swap around. I am curious if anyone has tried to make any panels for the element 4.0 to eliminate holding cold metal. I'm envisioning some carbon or wood panels as insulation.....or is the hnt26 the only hope?

There’s this: https://triadtactical.com/rifle-forend-wrap/
Figured if I get the right size I could lace it though the m-lok slots on my XLR. I might try one for the 2024 season. There was/is a company out there that made rubber panels for empty keyslot holes. The name of the company is lost on me but maybe someone makes rubber pannels for m-lok.

CCooper

WKR
Someone on here did what looked to be truck bed liner coating on the forend - looked like it added some grip and would be warmer to the touch I would think. @Justin Crossley maybe

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Someone on here did what looked to be truck bed liner coating on the forend - looked like it added some grip and would be warmer to the touch I would think. @Justin Crossley maybe
It was actually @Travis Bertrand who tried something like that. I can't remember what the product was, but I believe he was happy with it overall. A number of companies also sell M Lok rail covers like these from ERGO.

With that said, I wear gloves if it's cold out, so it makes no difference to me.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was actually @Travis Bertrand who tried something like that. I can't remember what the product was, but I believe he was happy with it overall. A number of companies also sell M Lok rail covers like these from ERGO.

With that said, I wear gloves if it's cold out, so it makes no difference to me.

Yes I cut up some grip tape. It came out good! I like it a lot. Takes the cold off. Let me look for pics and manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member

0240f6c28e5b2afa9f60cb76456967dd.jpg

ad14fdfc0e724fba6e26b4d7067ec7eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk