WTB Cheap 243

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for something cheap that shoots decent. If it’s got a scope, even better. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

iowawhitetailnut

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a savage axis 243 with a package scope, believe it is a weaver. I think i put an mcarbo trigger spring in it, only shot it 5 or so times. I also have a winchester xpr compact model. Again only been fired a couple times. would consider selling one of these.

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have a Ruger American Predator with the AICS style magazine that has fired less than 50 rounds I would sell for $400 plus shipping.

Zappaman

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Savage Axis ALL the way. XRP is "hit or miss" BUT when you get a good one-- a great bargain.

The Weaver (or Bushnell Banner) the Savage comes with is ok, but not great. I've bought a dozen Savage Axis II XP rifles the last 10 years-- ALL of them shoot MOA or better (most better). But I'd seriously consider selling off the scope they come with and get a decent scope-- THEN, you have a real tack driver.

I like the latest (and ONLY) Weaver's sold today (from Natchez). Very decent glass for the $200 - $300 for a basic hunting rifle. Also old Nikon Prostaffs, Monarchs, (or anything semi-recent from Weaver made in Japan) are great scopes for not a lot of money. If new... I'd look at Burris FF IIs (for hunting, not target).

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Any scope/rings? How’d it shoot?
I have many scopes and rings sitting on the shelf unused. I responded to your pm with a laundry list. Like every Ruger American Predator I have owned it is very accurate and is, in my opinion, easily capable of sub moa accuracy.

I could also sell it in the Magpul stock instead of the factory stock for an extra $200. I didn't add anything such as rings, scope and magpul stock for a package deal as I was trying to respond to your request for "something chep". However, I recognize "cheap" needs to be put into context.